Plasma owners: Are you facing the dreaded IR/Burn-In issue?

Is your plasma TV facing the IR/Burn-in issue?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

just4kix

As the thread title says, are you facing the issue of image retention and/or burn-in? Please vote ...

Also, if your answer is "yes", if you would be kind enough to explain how you got it, then it would help other FMs to avoid this issue and be more careful. Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes I see it a bit.. or rather Saw a faint burn in when I kept my Plasma ON for few hours every day for about 10 days while playing song from my Yamaha AVR . the background was burnt in.. but after avoiding this and a few days of Daily sitcoms by my folks everything went back to normal :)

In My opinion.. A typical music playback screen or RSS scroller definetly leaves a burn in effect even any stationary image will cause this as every one knows.. so. avoid sticking to such channels all the time :p hehe just kidding.. change channels during advertisements or let other members of the family watch their serials/ sitcoms too.. :D ..

Last edited:
I have 3 year old Pana plasma with ~4hrs daily usage. None so far. Never played any static images. Even ICC cricket world cup matches watched continuously. Though no problem from channel logo too. It seems impatient guys in between flipping channels too helped.

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

@etios, You are not even a plasma owner. So you voted just to boost the "Yes" count?

Last edited:
Very faint logo sometimes noticeable. Never bothers me. Much prefer plasma pictures to LED for my movie watching, so live with it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

@etios, You are not even a plasma owner. So you voted just to boost the "Yes" count?

So you just imagined on your own whether myself or my family doesnt own any plasma, what proof do you have that all those who voted NO have no burn-in issue, see it works both ways :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

lols.. this polls not going on a serious note.. much like our nations election polls :D heheh but I definitely am on the YES because of a personal experience!!!

I cannot speak for others. But I invite anyone on this forum to visit my home and check my TV. Whether or not IR is discovered will be besides the point, but I promise a homemade lunch/dinner with some good choice of any one of the following:

• Chardonnay - Napa - 2005
  • Merlot - Napa - 2005
  • Gamay Rouge - Napa - 2005
or
  • Johny Walker - Green Label
  • Johny Walker - Gold Label
  • Johny Walker - Black Label
  • Johny Walker Swing
  • Chivas Imperial
  • Chivas Regal
  • Dimple
  • Glenfiddich
  • Glenlivet

Mmmmm a nice crisp Chardonnay and some fine music.....very irresistible! We don't even have to look at the plasma at any time.... (sniff sniff I just auctioned my vertical collection of Mouton from 1993 onwards :((((.....they would not let me bring it back with me).

I cannot speak for others. But I invite anyone on this forum to visit my home and check my TV. Whether or not IR is discovered will be besides the point, but I promise a homemade lunch/dinner with some good choice of any one of the following:

• Merlot - Napa - 2005
or
  • Johny Walker Swing
  • Chivas Imperial
  • Chivas Regal
  • Dimple
  • Glenfiddich
  • Glenlivet

I am going to pune:yahoo:.........

So you just imagined on your own whether myself or my family doesnt own any plasma, what proof do you have that all those who voted NO have no burn-in issue, see it works both ways :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

if you really developed a IR...it would be very helpful for members if you can share the detail problem.whether a channel logo,or STB company logo,or any desktop issue,game image..and way of use...as I am planning one for me now...
I bought a plasma for my parents(panaX 42)....and explained not in very detail,just told them to keep zoom on always to avoid as much as channel logo.they are using local set top box,so no company logo and occassional DVD play.I had set low cell light,low brightness,contrast,color etc and that set up is on till date and is very soothing to eyes.no isues till date.

My LG plasma (PJ350-2010 model). often has visible image retention (black bars, WD Media player's interface, Yamaha AVR's wallpaper) and goes away after it's switched off. And I run those white wash, color wash features time to time.

OK. We have seen a few reporting IR issues. No one seems to be greatly suffering.

Is anyone suffering from permanent or long lasting damage? I believe that there are a few. I can't recall the name but I remember that someone left the TV and STB on and the DishTV logo was etched very strongly on the TV.

Its not a plasma if there is no faint IR... ;)

But most of the time, it takes a very close look, in the dark, just during/after the switch-off glow to notice... so much so that I've actually stopped bothering about it.

Last edited:
  • Merlot - Napa - 2005
or
  • Johny Walker Swing
  • Chivas Imperial
  • Chivas Regal
  • Dimple
  • Glenfiddich
  • Glenlivet

Would've flown to Pune, but saw no Jack Daniels on the list :cool:

I have voted for no. I believe there should have been 2 options
Temporary IR
Permanent burn in
I do rarely see temporary IR but it goes away playing with zoom settings.

Hey there! I had a Samsung Plasma 2 years ago and i used to notice burns. However, they would go away after some time with change in channels.
The worst ones use to be during long hours of gaming where points and stats were displayed.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back