Plasma vs LED for Sports Viewing & Gaming

vinayak_edhec

Hey Guys

I have spent almost 2 months trying to figure out which is the best between Plasma & LED for sports viewing. The plasma offers more frames per second hence would be better for sports but lately there have been LED TVs with 200 Mhz . I was almost going to buy LG LW6500 , their 3D TV with 200 Mhz untill I came across LG LW 5500 their non 3D model with 100 MHz. And I really couldn't notice any difference while watching football during the demo. The LW6500 was for 96k while LW5500 for 65k. Do you guys think its worth paying 30K more? I am not interested in 3D feature at all.

Please suggest which of the two to go for ? Or shall I go for a Panasonic Plasma VIERA TH-P42ST30D
I am a professional, hence 90% of my viewing would be during nights, kindly factor this into your advice/recommendations.

Thanks a lot in advance.

hi vinayak,
i went thro the same dilemma before i bought 32" pana LED tv. i almost finalized for pana plasma x30, but had to drop as it was bit bigger for the room. and moreover i wanted Full HD as i would be connecting laptop to tv. so went for LED. if u can afford, if ur room permits 42" or bigger screen and if ur going to watch tv with lights off in the night, then definitely go for plasma. u will get the best PQ for sure.

regards,
shivap

my LED tv is going great. PQ is awesome. my personal photo collection are showing out their true vividness. have been watching BBC Plane Earth series in 720p to assess PQ and have not found any flaw yet. the only complaint is bit of edge LED bleeding at bottom of screen but i think thats a common issue with all edge LED tvs.
i bought it for 40k in bangalore

90% viewing in night and no 3D requirement, close your eyes and buy the Panasonic V20 (2D top end model from 2010).

People have found 42" for 55k and 50" for 78k in the very forum.

90% viewing in night and no 3D requirement, close your eyes and buy the Panasonic V20 (2D top end model from 2010).

People have found 42" for 55k and 50" for 78k in the very forum.

That is, if you can find it. 42 is very very hard ( I gave up :D and went for 42ST30). 50 Incher v20 can be found much more easily.

That is, if you can find it. 42 is very very hard ( I gave up :D and went for 42ST30). 50 Incher v20 can be found much more easily.

I wont mind going for the 50 incher, anyways have a fetish for all things big ;)

How has your experience with ST30 been so far? plz do let me know.

Cheers!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back