Play MKV files in Wii

mvasu22

Folks,

Are there any media players for Wii which can handle MKV. I tried installing GeeXBox for wii (alpha 3 to Alpha 8) and none of them worked, all these variants just crashed the wii.

So any help is welcome.

Thanks
-Vasu

Hi

WiiMC is the only way to go for your needs. Have been successfully watching mkv files in SD (Wii can't handle HD because of hardware limitations) for several months on a soft modded 4.2 system. Assuming you have homebrew installed on your console, you need to install WiiMC (Wii media center) from wiimc.org. If you have doubts about how to install, there's an excellent Wiki guide at Wiibrew.org, additional reading if required is also available at Wiihacks.com

OK thanks but it worked well but I was looking for USB w/o fat32 format and that is not working good. USB with fat32 works really good. I guess its the limitation of the console rather than any other problem.

Anyway thanks very much for your help.

Hi

WiiMC is the only way to go for your needs. Have been successfully watching mkv files in SD (Wii can't handle HD because of hardware limitations) for several months on a soft modded 4.2 system. Assuming you have homebrew installed on your console, you need to install WiiMC (Wii media center) from wiimc.org. If you have doubts about how to install, there's an excellent Wiki guide at Wiibrew.org, additional reading if required is also available at Wiihacks.com

Wiimc on my Wii doesnt play any HD content even in SD format. Sometimes it plays the sound but the video hangs. But I do like Wiimc for other things like Internet Radio and ability to play slideshows, act as a audio player..etc.

Is there anyway we can have Skype on Wii? Currently I have to connect my lappy to my LCD for Skype and would want to avoid if possible.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back