Playing Hires files in Marantz PM6006

alwayslogo

Hi,
My Marantz PM6006 , Dac supports Linear PCM (2-channel) audio of Sampling frequency 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz of Bit length 16/24 bits via Coaxial / Optical port. But how do I send the files from Computer / USB to the Coaxial / Optical port.

Some laptops come with Optical. Check if yours have one. Generally Headphone jack double up as optical as well.

If your laptop doesn't have optical, One option for you is USB to Coaxial S/PDIF Optical Converter, Another is a HDMI Audio extractor, which will give you optical out.

If you have budget you can also get a desktop DAC, which will give you RCA output which you can connect to your Amp.

Last edited:
Hi,
My Marantz PM6006 , Dac supports Linear PCM (2-channel) audio of Sampling frequency 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz of Bit length 16/24 bits via Coaxial / Optical port. But how do I send the files from Computer / USB to the Coaxial / Optical port.

You need a Streamer to stream the file from source (local flac/tidal) to the amplifier via optical. The easiest way is to have Volumio player installed on a mini computer like NUC. This setup will suffice your requirements.

Hi,

Hello
You should opt for pi2design pi2aes.
With allo shanti LPS it’s really impressive.
Extremely value for money

Here is the discussion thread:

Currently I am using Philips BDP 2180 connected to amp by coaxial. It plays Flac upto 24 -192. I have turned off the PCM downsampling in setup. It is playing the HD Flac files. But I am not sure what signals it is sending to the amp. Is there any ways to check ?

Currently I am using Philips BDP 2180 connected to amp by coaxial. It plays Flac upto 24 -192. I have turned off the PCM downsampling in setup. It is playing the HD Flac files. But I am not sure what signals it is sending to the amp. Is there any ways to check ?
Hi
These Hi Res files you are playing are obtained from downloads? Kindly share some info on the source files. Maybe i can help you with some information.

You need a USB DAC in between to connect PM6006 with the laptop, unless your laptop in not one of the selected Macbooks with mini optical output.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back