Playing music through my AV Receiver without it switching the TV on

banktop

I'm being driven wild with frustration on this one. I have a Logitech Squeezebox connected to my Onkyo 609 so that I can stream music to my living room (I have a number of squeezeboxes so like to synchronise)

Challenge that I have is that when I switch on the squeezebox and receiver it turns my TV on. I do not want my TV on whilst I listen to music, To add to my frustration, when I turn the TV off it turns the Onkyo off. Help!!

TV = Samsung UE55D7000 HDMI out via HDMI 2 (Arc) + Optical out to Onkyo
Receiver = Onkyo TX-NR609
Blue Ray = Panasonic DMP-BDT210
DVR = Humax DTR-T1000
Squeezebox media streamer

Re Config:
TV = TV output on Onkyo, HDMI with ARC and Optical return
DVR = Cab/Sat input on Onkyo, HDMI
DVD = DVD input on Onkyo, HDMI
Squeezebox = PC input via coaxial

How do I stop the TV switching on when I have the squeezebox on?

Go to settings of Both AVR and TV. Set the HDMI Control -- to Off.

This way you will have to switch on or off each appliance individually.

Thanks, I did try that but found that the sound no longer worked when I watched movies via smart hub on the tv. only way I can get this top work is when I have RHID and ARC switched on.
Can't understand why, especially given that I have an optical cable from the tv

From your config I could not understand if the SB is connected to AVR directly or not,if not it should be bypassing tv

Hi, yes, it is connected directly to the AV, bypassing the TV. It's connected to PC Coaxial input and optical 2

You need to select optical as audio out in TV. Then in your AVR assign the optical input to one of the hdmi ports.

Fixed it. Seems that I had the optical input setup wrongly assigned on the Onkyo i.e. 1 not 2.
No more RHID or ARC on the Onkyo or Samsung TV.
To control this, I now use a Logitech Harmony Touch which does a good job of managing all the connectivity with one control
And...I can now use my Squeezebox without the TV switching on.

Thanks for all the help

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back