Please help me decide what to buy for my new DEN!

niting

I want to set up a 5.1 system in my Den area (500 Square Feet)which will be used for both party as well as watching movies.(70% music and 30% movies). I have done some research on the internet and have decided to buy:

Screen and Projector
Da-lite fixed frame screen of 110' diagonal (16:9 Format). Please suggest me a good HD projector. (Thinking of buying the Panasonic AE4000.)

Receiver
The A/V receiver choice is between the Denon 3311 or the Marantz SR7005. The 3311 is for 1200 dollars MRP in the US which is being sold for 80000 rupees in India. The Marantz SR7005 is for 1600 dollars in the US being sold for 85000 rupees in India. So the Marantz is more value for money than the Denon and is sweet looking as well. Technically and soundwise , I have no clue. Please help me decide between the two or suggest something else.

Speakers
As for the speakers, I have auditioned the B&W 600 and CM series, Polk Audio Lsi series, KEF IQ series, Focal JMLabs 826V series, Klipsch, Jamo and Dali Ikon MK II series. I loved the B&W's and would have bought them had they not been priced double that what they sell in US or UK for. The Polk Audios are good when you hear them alone but once you hear them with KEFs or Focals, you can get to hear the difference in clarity. The KEF IQ90's are great but alas they have been discontinued. The Focal 826V's were a bit boomier for me. Klipsch and Jamo are also way too overpriced in India. Then comes DALI. I loved the crisp, clear and balanced sound of the Dali's. Plus they are very competitively priced and are made in Denmark. (not in China as many other makes). I plan to buy the Dali Ikon 7 MK II , Ikon On-Wall for surrounds, Ikon SUB and Ikon Vokal 2 MK II. The 5.1 setup is quoted at 2.35 lacs.

Speaker Cables
Planning to buy Audioquest G2 cables. Can look at Chord and Qed also.

Please give some suggestions and guidance as to whether I am on the right track or not. Thanks

hi bro... have the same question.... my combinations are almost the same. which city are you from ?
i can see that you posted in april... i believe you should have bought it by now.
so which speakers did you go for ?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back