Please help me in upgrading HT LCR speakers

Kiran_B

Guys, please help me.
Looking to upgrade front LCR speakers in a dedicated HT(12*16). Little background, had lived with Bose V25 lifestyle for 8 years. Along with Bose bought Epson home cinema 8350 in 2012. This projector died in Sep 2017 and since then didn't buy new projector untill Oct 2019.

In Oct 2019 bought the projector Epson tw6700 and that was when the upgrade itch started. So in Nov 24 bought paradigm monitor 3000f, 2000c, klipch R14s(surronds), AVR Marantz 6013 and placed order for dual SVS pb2000s that were delivered on Jan 3rd 2020 and I couldn't be more than happier.

By end of Jan bought Marantz 7055 power amp and 4 NHT super zero 2.1 speakers for atmos and so far none of them are connected to AVR. My idea is/was to have a good integration of LCRs with SUBs and then enable power amp and atmos.
Once I started spending hours of time with the system and different AVR configurations/speakers placement noticed that my LCRs are not able to coupe up with SUBs(from day 1 I have no issue with SUBs) especially between 80 to 200hz frequencies. About my purchase history, except SVS subs bought rest of the components from my close friend(who deals with Epson, Marantz, Anthem, Paradigm, Klipch, Martin Logon and PSB. He is located in Hyderabad).

So one day I asked him if he can loan LCRs for home audition (I live in a small city called Kurnool located 220kms from Hyderabad) he agreed and gave Paradigm monitor 11 v7 and center 3(discontinued models). I played with them for couple of weeks and they have blended beautifully with SUBs. Now he is offering me Klipch RP 8000f and 600c for a week. After auditioning paradigm monitor 11 v7 at my place finally I have decided to upgrade LCRs with max budget of 2.5l. below are the speakers I have shortlisted
1. Paradigm premier 800f&500c
2. Fyne Audio 502f&500c
3. Wharfdale evo 4.4&4.c
4. Klipch RP 8000f&600c(not sure about these untill I hear them at my place)
5. SVS prime towers&center.

I would request FMs help/suggest me in choosing right LCR speakers. I know majarity of you will suggest auditioning, have additioned at 3 places in Hyd, believe it or not my HT room sounds 100% better than those places(since it's an open forum I don't want to mention the names). So I have to buy them based on reviews and taking help from FMs.

Well it’s a weekend and the FM’s must be busy with their families and other personal stuff. Wait for some days and they will respond. Since you said auditioning is possible at your place just check and get the one you like. When it comes to speakers it is difficult to decide a winner. The models you have shortlisted seems good. With a budget of 2.5L you have a lot of options. You can also check Dali and xtz. I personally liked xtz towers and center very much.

Well it’s a weekend and the FM’s must be busy with their families and other personal stuff. Wait for some days and they will respond. Since you said auditioning is possible at your place just check and get the one you like. When it comes to speakers it is difficult to decide a winner. The models you have shortlisted seems good. With a budget of 2.5L you have a lot of options. You can also check Dali and xtz. I personally liked xtz towers and center very much.
Thanks Love4sound, yes, I read good reviews about Dali opticon 8. I don't know about xtz speakers, will research them.

Thanks Love4sound, yes, I read good reviews about Dali opticon 8. I don't know about xtz speakers, will research them.
Sure do check them out. I have auditioned 95 series towers and centre which will cost 1.5L all together and it was excellent. The higher model 99 series should be even better. They also provide room tuning options which may be very helpful to tune the speakers according to the size and acoustics of the room.

Last edited:
Looking to upgrade front LCR speakers in a dedicated HT(12*16).

I would request FMs help/suggest me in choosing right LCR speakers.

If you can switch to Acoustic Transparent screen, then you can consider three identical FS / BS as L-C-R behind screen for best experience since yours is a dedicated HT room..

If AT screen, isn't possible, then you will need to reconsider speakers accordingly.. BS for L/R and a 3-way center channel..

Have been using identical speakers for L-C-R in my living room, all of them at ear height, center channel behind AT screen and have been happier that way..

Guys, please help me.
Looking to upgrade front LCR speakers in a dedicated HT(12*16). Little background, had lived with Bose V25 lifestyle for 8 years. Along with Bose bought Epson home cinema 8350 in 2012. This projector died in Sep 2017 and since then didn't buy new projector untill Oct 2019.

In Oct 2019 bought the projector Epson tw6700 and that was when the upgrade itch started. So in Nov 24 bought paradigm monitor 3000f, 2000c, klipch R14s(surronds), AVR Marantz 6013 and placed order for dual SVS pb2000s that were delivered on Jan 3rd 2020 and I couldn't be more than happier.

By end of Jan bought Marantz 7055 power amp and 4 NHT super zero 2.1 speakers for atmos and so far none of them are connected to AVR. My idea is/was to have a good integration of LCRs with SUBs and then enable power amp and atmos.
Once I started spending hours of time with the system and different AVR configurations/speakers placement noticed that my LCRs are not able to coupe up with SUBs(from day 1 I have no issue with SUBs) especially between 80 to 200hz frequencies. About my purchase history, except SVS subs bought rest of the components from my close friend(who deals with Epson, Marantz, Anthem, Paradigm, Klipch, Martin Logon and PSB. He is located in Hyderabad).

So one day I asked him if he can loan LCRs for home audition (I live in a small city called Kurnool located 220kms from Hyderabad) he agreed and gave Paradigm monitor 11 v7 and center 3(discontinued models). I played with them for couple of weeks and they have blended beautifully with SUBs. Now he is offering me Klipch RP 8000f and 600c for a week. After auditioning paradigm monitor 11 v7 at my place finally I have decided to upgrade LCRs with max budget of 2.5l. below are the speakers I have shortlisted
1. Paradigm premier 800f&500c
2. Fyne Audio 502f&500c
3. Wharfdale evo 4.4&4.c
4. Klipch RP 8000f&600c(not sure about these untill I hear them at my place)
5. SVS prime towers&center.

I would request FMs help/suggest me in choosing right LCR speakers. I know majarity of you will suggest auditioning, have additioned at 3 places in Hyd, believe it or not my HT room sounds 100% better than those places(since it's an open forum I don't want to mention the names). So I have to buy them based on reviews and taking help from FMs.
How far do you sit from the speakers?
There might be issue with the Subwoofer integration.
Professional integration will sort out the problem.

If you can switch to Acoustic Transparent screen, then you can consider three identical FS / BS as L-C-R behind screen for best experience since yours is a dedicated HT room..

If AT screen, isn't possible, then you will need to reconsider speakers accordingly.. BS for L/R and a 3-way center channel..

Have been using identical speakers for L-C-R in my living room, all of them at ear height, center channel behind AT screen and have been happier that way..
Thanks elangoas. I can't accommodate ATS. For some reason or unknown reason I like the looks of FS than BS hence concentrated on FS.

How far do you sit from the speakers?
There might be issue with the Subwoofer integration.
Professional integration will sort out the problem.
Thanks prateekatasniya. Seating position is 12ft from speakers. There is no issue with subwoofer integration. The other speakers Paradigm monitor 11 v7 blended beautifully with subwoofers. Even REW shows 6db dip with monitor 3000f speakers (between 90 and 180 hz) and not with monitor 11 v7.

Thanks prateekatasniya. Seating position is 12ft from speakers. There is no issue with subwoofer integration. The other speakers Paradigm monitor 11 v7 blended beautifully with subwoofers. Even REW shows 6db dip with monitor 3000f speakers (between 90 and 180 hz) and not with monitor 11 v7.
Try playing with the location of the speakers.
There's no issue with the speakers.
I'm sure about the.

I'm sure about the.
I tried different locations.
I'm sure about the.
I tried various possible speaker locations but none of them gave satisfying results. Before building this HT setup I was under the impression that, have a good subwoofer that can go down below 20hz and a crossover set at 80hz to have speakers take over from there. But that's not true. Subwoofers like SVS, Rythmik, Monolith etc that are ported to produce authoritative bass below 31hz can't produce bass above 80hz(may be I am wrong). So need good speakers to coupe up with these kind of subs. Forget about above 80hz, to experience single pb2000 performance(I had dual pb2000s from day one) with sub crawl placement, there is no chest thumping midbass. However with dual pb2000s in my small room I do get chest thumping midbass. May be I became bassholic(my wife thinks I have gone mad). Tomorrow(10/3) or day after tomorrow(11/3) going to Hyderabad to pickup Klipch RP8000f and Paradigm premier 700f. Let's see how my madness ends up.

I tried various possible speaker locations but none of them gave satisfying results. Before building this HT setup I was under the impression that, have a good subwoofer that can go down below 20hz and a crossover set at 80hz to have speakers take over from there. But that's not true. Subwoofers like SVS, Rythmik, Monolith etc that are ported to produce authoritative bass below 31hz can't produce bass above 80hz(may be I am wrong). So need good speakers to coupe up with these kind of subs. Forget about above 80hz, to experience single pb2000 performance(I had dual pb2000s from day one) with sub crawl placement, there is no chest thumping midbass. However with dual pb2000s in my small room I do get chest thumping midbass. May be I became bassholic(my wife thinks I have gone mad). Tomorrow(10/3) or day after tomorrow(11/3) going to Hyderabad to pickup Klipch RP8000f and Paradigm premier 700f. Let's see how my madness ends up.
If no budget constraints try 15 inch subs from rythmik, PSA and you might get the slam that’s missing. The mid bass is what all of us struggle to achieve. Adding a good PA also helps. Also try measuring using REW or some other professional room correction software like xtz room analyser pro. If you are looking for perfection you need to approach the right methods and measuring ur room response is the way to go. And with the results you will know where the dip or peak is at and using PEQ in subs or adding a mini dsp you can correct it. And lastly but most important is room treatment.

Try Crossing over your system at 120hz.

If no budget constraints try 15 inch subs from rythmik, PSA and you might get the slam that’s missing. The mid bass is what all of us struggle to achieve. Adding a good PA also helps. Also try measuring using REW or some other professional room correction software like xtz room analyser pro. If you are looking for perfection you need to approach the right methods and measuring ur room response is the way to go. And with the results you will know where the dip or peak is at and using PEQ in subs or adding a mini dsp you can correct it. And lastly but most important is room treatment.
Budget is not a constraint infact I can afford dual PB16 ultras. Fortunately I have no issues with dual PB2000s and yes I do get midbass(for me midbass is between 50 to 100hz. Especially our ears likes bass between 60&70hz) punch (no boom at all) with theses subs in my small room. I did measure room with REW and upto 90hz frequency response is flat and there is a sudden dip between 90 and 180hz that too with monitor 3000f speakers and the dip disappeared with monitor 11 v7. Looks like monitor 3000f aren't able to coupe up with SUBs. I don't think any budget/entry level speakers integrate well with good subwoofers(may be I am wrong). I emailed SVS and they suggested SVS prime pinnacle towers. And also I learned that to have a near perfect HT requires lots of lots of patience.

By the way I did rearch on XTZ 99.36 and they looks promising.

Budget is not a constraint infact I can afford dual PB16 ultras. Fortunately I have no issues with dual PB2000s and yes I do get midbass(for me midbass is between 50 to 100hz. Especially our ears likes bass between 60&70hz) punch (no boom at all) with theses subs in my small room. I did measure room with REW and upto 90hz frequency response is flat and there is a sudden dip between 90 and 180hz that too with monitor 3000f speakers and the dip disappeared with monitor 11 v7. Looks like monitor 3000f aren't able to coupe up with SUBs. I don't think any budget/entry level speakers integrate well with good subwoofers(may be I am wrong). I emailed SVS and they suggested SVS prime pinnacle towers. And also I learned that to have a near perfect HT requires lots of lots of patience.

By the way I did rearch on XTZ 99.36 and they looks promising.
Ok if no budget constraints you can very well achieve what ur looking for. Also you can look at sealed subs. Check PSA they are highly regarded subwoofers. And yes xtz is very good see if you can audition them as wel. But you are not looking for a subwoofer upgrade right? Just some good tower speakers? How well is your room treated ?

Last edited:
Ok if no budget constraints you can very well achieve what ur looking for. Also you can look at sealed subs. Check PSA they are highly regarded subwoofers. And yes xtz is very good see if you can audition them as wel. But you are not looking for a subwoofer upgrade right? Just some good tower speakers? How well is your room treated ?
I am not looking for subwoofer upgrade. I am more than happy with subs. Looking for good speakers.
Regarding accoustics, first reflections of front LCR speakers, lateral reflections of front LR and two pannels to cover rear wall reflections. All are diy pannels 2*4feet 4inch thickness made of 60kgm^3 roxul rockwool (bought from auralexchange.com).

I am not looking for subwoofer upgrade. I am more than happy with subs. Looking for good speakers.
Regarding accoustics, first reflections of front LCR speakers, lateral reflections of front LR and two pannels to cover rear wall reflections. All are diy pannels 2*4feet 4inch thickness made of 60kgm^3 roxul rockwool (bought from auralexchange.com).
Ok try adding a high end power amp. Marantz 7705 is just ok. Go for some big boys like Parasound,ATI, etc

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back