I am thinking of buying Norge 1000 gold or
Yamaha R- S201 .
For speakers either Norge millennium or Wharfedale
diamond 220.
I have very limited knowledge about Av.presently
I have Altec Lansing Mx 5021.
Please suggest. Thanks

Hi

I used to own the Altec Lansing 5021...awesome speakers....

The brands and models mentioned by you are nice....have you auditioned them somewhere with your kind of music?

The key is to demo as many systems as possible and shortlist what appeals to you in performance, appearance and ofcourse budget.....all the best

thanks for your suggestions. I haven't auditioned any of the speakers so far,because I don't know any hifi showroom in Hyderabad

I have heard Norge and i do like its sound signature, Norge is VFM product and you could not go wrong with the purchase. Would suggest to go for Wharfedale over Norge speakers.

Norge Amp + Norge/Warf BS are good setup but what is your room size?
I mean if you are not looking for power hungry setup then you can think something like:
Marantz + PSB - I think PM 5005 + PSB Alpha B1 should be 42-45 K - this is quite musical setup which can get you enjoying wider genre of music.
You can try finding a showroom near you where you can audition few setups coasting upto 50K to get some experience of sound quality.
What are you planning to use as source?

20 x 12 may require slightly powerful setup and may need some acoustic treatment as well in case.
I think you should go with powerful amp like Norge 1000 at least. Regarding speakers, you may choose Norge/Warfe. Good part of this setup would be that it will let you choose some good source from rest of your budget.
It is not easy to setup everything perfect specially if there is budget constraint. A setup is as good as the weakest device in the chain.
I am not sure if you can audition Norge in your City but you may find some FM with similar setup in your city kind enough to let you have glimpse of SQ.
Whatever you choose... hope it would make you happy :)

What is your source? Primary content?

For most folks these days it is streaming content.

Allocate most budget to speakers, and then the DAC. They have the most significant bearing on the sound signature after the content itself.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back