• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Please show your appreciation to other members by using the User Reputation System

Subscibe to HiFiMART Newsletter

HiFiVision

Super Moderator
If you appreciate a members post/comment and would like to show your appreciation to that member you can do so now by clicking on the "weighing scale" at the top right hand corner of every post.

rep.gif

The User Reputation System is a great tool for showing your appreciation to a member of this forum by praising or acknowledging their thread or post. As human beings we all respond positively to praise/appreciation in a way that it brings out the very best in us. So if you read a post or thread which you appreciate then please express your appreciation by clicking on the weighing scale next to the post number. Please remember to do this for every good post or thread you read every day. As Ralph Marston once said: If you truly appreciate a good thing you'll get more of it!

All members will have their reputation displayed below their post count on the right hand side of their post.

When a user enters their User CP, they will see a list of their most recent reputation ratings.

vinay

Great Issue.

Dear Sir,

I salute you for this writing, this is a major fact you have raised. There are so many members who need to wake up to this.

Furthermore there are many members who have so much of knowledge on the av equipments, accessories, etc, but they do not help the fellow members, they are more interested in solving their issues, and then they quietly walk out.

Indeed there are members who help others to a great extent like soundsgreat, dinyaar, un-leash, sunil, venkat, rikhav, kamal, goel, and a few more.

Vinay.

chandu

Re: Please show your appreciation to other members by using the User Reputation Syste

hey vinay
let me have the pleasure of adding your name to the list of helpful and friendly forum members whom you have mentioned.I have been learning a lot of technical stuff from the input of our well informed friends but more importantly I have started enjoying and appreciating my music more after I have become a member of this forum.Iam indeed thankful to all of you who take the trouble and time to enrich the lives of all around you.
regards.
chandu.

soundsgreat

Re: Please show your appreciation to other members by using the User Reputation Syste

Hi,

Very very good move ! its welcome addition to the already feature rich forum :)!

Keep Em coming ;) !!

Vinay Thanks for taking my name ! Am merely trying to be of some use to the fellow members ;)!

Regards

Last edited:

dinyaar

Thanks Vinay for including me in the list of helpful members.

I totally second chandu's opinion and feel u are always more than helpful to all when it comes to the challenges of setting up an HT set up.

As regards this forum well its just FANTASTIC. Great place to learn and interact with so many interesting guys.

Best regards

venkatcr

This is a good move.

At the same time, I would request all active members to moderate their postings a little. I have seen many of the threads getting into arguments, but most important deviating completely away from the topic the original thread was started with.

I vaguely remember one member pleading, 'all this is alright, but you have not still answered MY question'.

I love this forum. Let us work together to make it a great place not only for us Indians, but for people from all over the world. For me, of particular interest is to help Indian manufacturers. I would suggest each one of us visit local manufacturers in their city, audition their equipment and post threads. Not all of us can afford expensive imported equipment. At the same time if we can attract more and more members to buy good equipment and start listening to music or enjoying video, we would have achieved what we are all here for.

Some of the Indian manufacturers such as Lyrita, Norge, Audire, Sanen Acoustics, Lithos make really good equipment in their own class. Many of them end up being just boutique affairs. I see a large number of requests for equipment costing 20 to 25K. For such requests Indian equipment married to good connectors and cables would be an excellent option. I have personally auditioned Lithos speakers, and their claim to 'No Listening Fatigue' is quite true. I did see a thread on Lithos, but it was woefully inadequate. Similarly I saw a thread on Norge getting into the definition of what an 'audiophile' is. For the average dude, all this is meaningless. For him what matters is to quickly buy some reasonable equipment and start listening to music he/she likes. Let us work together to make that possible.

Let us work together to ensure all our members have the capacity to really enjoy audio and video.

Cheers

rikhav

A nice feature added to show appreciation towards helping members. :)

And i am surprised that Vinay has included my name. I really feel there are other names to be mentioned who have tank full of knowledge and have helped anyone who needs some advice.
One such name i can remember is of Ranjeet. I know since few weeks he is not that active on the forum, maybe stuck up in some work but his name deserves to be taken with the other names for helping out members like me.

And Venkat, I support your idea

Kamal

Venkatcr wrote-
" For me, of particular interest is to help Indian manufacturers. I would suggest each one of us visit local manufacturers in their city, audition their equipment and post threads. Not all of us can afford expensive imported equipment. At the same time if we can attract more and more members to buy good equipment and start listening to music or enjoying video, we would have achieved what we are all here for."
I could'nt agree more.
In fact, this is exactly what I was pleading with the members of another Forum, viz, that we Indian members can add real value to Forums by Auditioning & writing reports about worthy Indian manufacturers of HiFi Eqpt who would otherwise get hardly any publicity.Internationally famous brands can afford to advertise , & get reviewed extensively.
But what about a one man operation like Viren Bakshi's Lyrita Audio ? If we Forum members do not write about him, how would a local Manufacturer of Quality Audio equipment at budget prices get noticed by other members who are on a limited budget?
I have auditioned & written about Lyrita's Valve Amps & Single driver speakers extensively.
If it is OK by other members & the moderators, I can post those reviews here also.
I think if we can start a thread "Auditions/Reviews of Indian made HiFi Equipment" wherein members can regularly post their experiences, it will be a help not only to peospective buyers of HiFi, but also to the Manufacturers- after all, there is no better publicity than first hand, word of mouth publicity.

chandu

just checked out the Lyrita website.very interesting.check out this writeup on appreciating music and hifi.
AUDIO FILE

venkatcr

Kamal:

We are all with you. Mr. Moderator, can you help by creating a Forum where we can post detailed review and results of auditioning? Something that all members can refer to when they want? I am auditioning a manufacturer next week and can add some real meat.

HiFiVision

Super Moderator

Kamal:

We are all with you. Mr. Moderator, can you help by creating a Forum where we can post detailed review and results of auditioning? Something that all members can refer to when they want? I am auditioning a manufacturer next week and can add some real meat.

Well, members can now post their reviews in the Review forum at Reviews

Kamal

Chandu, thats exactly the design philosophy of Viren of Lyrita.
Venkat, as soon as the moderators create the thread/forum category as you suggested, I'll post my detailed reviews of the Lyrita Eqpt.

Kamal

Sorry, had'nt seen that the review forum had already been created by our ultra responsive Moderator!

ruenigma

A welcome move kamalji,

I am actually saving for the "sunny day" to lay my hands on the Lyita equipment. Had spoken to Viren and was awed the way the man communicated with a wannabe audiophile with little understanding of the "Valve" stuff.

I am definitely not going to order the thing over the phone and will definitely fly to Delhi to meet The Man, and if possible you too.

Reards,

Sarang

Last edited:

Kamal

Sarang, I'll look forward to meeting you with pleasure!

Dushie

This is a great move and will surely benefit the forum and its members

mridulgoel

Banned
Re: Great Issue.

Dear Sir,

I salute you for this writing, this is a major fact you have raised. There are so many members who need to wake up to this.

Furthermore there are many members who have so much of knowledge on the av equipments, accessories, etc, but they do not help the fellow members, they are more interested in solving their issues, and then they quietly walk out.

Indeed there are members who help others to a great extent like soundsgreat, dinyaar, un-leash, sunil, venkat, rikhav, kamal, goel, and a few more.

Vinay.

Vinay

Thanks a lottt buddy to include my name...

I am still in learning stage from you all gurus...
will take me years to gain sufficient knowledge as you people do...

And great work by HiFi people....

HiFiVision Rockz...

pradski

Hi I am new. Sorry I already had participated in threads before reading all introductions and all that.

Now I have read all the rules and regulations, I thought of writing.

In chennai some 7 - 8 years back I had been to an indian manufacturer in called Torvin.

At that time I was looking out start off my set up. Even torvin I could not afford ended up buying second hand nearby.

Maybe Venkat will know about this manufacturer and tell us how they are.:D:D

mridulgoel

Banned

Mr. Moderator...

Two more request/suggestions for the forum...

1). Can we have something like calender or kind of Day Notes in the forum...
That will help users in posting all necessary events taking place round the
world...
Secondly all the AV Exhibitions, or other like same can be posted out
there...
Can have a countdown facility for the upcoming tasks...(Optional)

2). Can we have something like HiFiVision Meetings (Get Together)...???
Many members from the forum, the DIY enthusiast, the
Dealers/Distributors, and the other AV Enthusiasts can participate with
an open Invitation to all the people interested to buy or consult regarding
there HT setup.
On top of that DIY Team can have there Stuff Displayed, even the
dealers & distributors can display there demo Stuff.
In short it will be a HiFiVision Exhibition on small level...

Members...Please give the above two points a thought...

I know, it will not be easy for Mr. Moderator to handle it alone, so for same we can have a team of few people as the organisers or Seniors or whatever from the forum...
We can start on with 3 events in a year...Once every four months, in the Top Three Audio/Video Locations, namely, Mumbai, Bangalore & Delhi...

Please think of it...