Please suggest 40 ' Smart & 3D TV LED Sony HX750 or LG 6700.

kuberan

Hi friends,

I am planning to buy 40' smart 3d led tv this week.

I have visited shop and did some research on sony HX 750 and LG6700 models.

Still I am not able to fix in my mind.

Please any one suggest sony HX 750 / LG6700 or any other brand also fine.

Thanks in advance.
Kuberan

My choice would be below in this order:

1) Sony 40HX850 (85k)
2) LG 40 6690 (70k - Croma)
3) Samsung 6800
4) Sony HX750
5) Panasonic 42 ET5D

@malikyoganand Fully agree with his sequence, Sony HX850 is simply superb, my personal experience after a month of usage..

im also stuck between sony 40hx-850 or lg 42lm7600 cant make up my mind dey both are in same price bracket infact lg is a bit costlier

im also stuck between sony 40hx-850 or lg 42lm7600 cant make up my mind dey both are in same price bracket infact lg is a bit costlier

If 3D quality is more important go for Sony. If not, then just go with what you prefer during a demo.. take a Bluray & normal DVD.. he Bravia menu/apps is a bit better than LG, IMO. Build quality of Sony is also well known. Google for reviews, Sony HX 850 beats LG.

My choice would be below in this order:

1) Sony 40HX850 (85k)
2) LG 40 6690 (70k - Croma)
3) Samsung 6800
4) Sony HX750
5) Panasonic 42 ET5D

Hi Friend,

But feature wise, no different between HX750 and HX850 right?

differents:
1.Design and no airgaps.
2.800Hz (40HX 750 is 400Hz)

other than this not much different right ?

Hi Friend,

But feature wise, no different between HX750 and HX850 right?

differents:
1.Design and no airgaps.
2.800Hz (40HX 750 is 400Hz)

other than this not much different right ?

HX850 has 240HZ refresh with XR 960(against XR480), Better overall PQ - deeper blacks (do a demo and you will understand), gorilla glass, better 3D.
Ultimately, it boils down to PQ - It has much better PQ than any other Sony or non sony model.
You might want to go to other models if:
1) Browsing and smart features are important to you (Sammy/LG better here)
2) Passive 3D important for flicker free viewing( LG)
3) Playing all formats through USB important
4) Budget constraints (Toshiba, Philips would be better here)

I own a sony hx750 and would definitely recommend that over an lg, unless of course you are looking for passive 3d.
The PQ and 3D is definitely better than the sammy models that I checked out.
So unless price is a constraint the hx850 would be a good choice.

How is the PQ of HX750? Is there any problem like headache watching 3D? I placed order for LG 42LM6400 3D model for 67K, but they today informed me that it is out of stock. Sony 40HX750 is available for 71K. What do you think? I'm apprehensive about active 3D.

I have used the HX750 for 9 months or so and I have never had any head ache or any such problem. Some people do face some problem with active 3D. I never have.
So you should check out the TV yourself.
The PQ is very good. Upscaling is also neat.

How is the PQ of HX750? Is there any problem like headache watching 3D? I placed order for LG 42LM6400 3D model for 67K, but they today informed me that it is out of stock. Sony 40HX750 is available for 71K. What do you think? I'm apprehensive about active 3D.

Take it as a one time investment, and LG is slightly cheaper than Sony. You should check more stores if it is out of stock in this one. And you are right to be apprehensive about active 3D. My suggestion would be to go for a passive 3D TV as its more comfortable to watch and cost-effective due to the cheap glasses.

I agree with others on passive 3D - it is much more confortable. But even if you have a good collection of 3D content, it will still not exceed more than 10% of total view time. I for one do not recommend Sony for 3D because Sony has not implemented the Universal RF 3D and its proprietory glasses are close to 4K a pair.

That said, avmaxfan has said that Sony is going the passive 3D way next year. Sony makes very good TVs. So with Quantum Dot technology, passive 3D, and Sony backbone, it looks like a winning, nay killing, combination for 2013. So why not wait?

More news: http://www.techradar.com/news/television/sony-to-ditch-active-shutter-3d-tvs-1059104

Last edited:
I think LG 42LM6700 would be a decent option as it has an improved smart tv ecosystem and a remote that makes navigation easy.
I will say once more what I said a zillion times - don't buy TV for smart features, remotes, external looks, slim size, etc. Base the decision on one single factor only - the TV's main job is to display video and hence video/picture quality should be the sole criterion.

I will say once more what I said a zillion times - don't buy TV for smart features, remotes, external looks, slim size, etc. Base the decision on one single factor only - the TV's main job is to display video and hence video/picture quality should be the sole criterion.

While For me too picture is quality is the most important criteria when buying a new television, i have come to accept several others have their own criteria as well. An average buyer would be hard pressed to find the difference in picture quality among leading leading brands like Sony, LG and Samsung. As i have said earlier for a buyer who spends most of his time swapping DTH channels and munches on an occasional DVD/Blu-ray the picture quality is above the acceptable levels by a comfortable margin by any model in the three models mentioned above.

I have seen people making buying decisions based on the bezel, functionality, features and aesthetics. Even for Blu-Ray watching which is my staple diet all the three brands a good enough job. Yes i own a Sony ex500 and have always maintained when it come to picture quality among LCD, Sony is the boss but the likes of LG and Samsung do a admirable job too.

I agree with others on passive 3D - it is much more confortable. But even if you have a good collection of 3D content, it will still not exceed more than 10% of total view time. I for one do not recommend Sony for 3D because Sony has not implemented the Universal RF 3D and its proprietory glasses are close to 4K a pair.

That said, avmaxfan has said that Sony is going the passive 3D way next year. Sony makes very good TVs. So with Quantum Dot technology, passive 3D, and Sony backbone, it looks like a winning, nay killing, combination for 2013. So why not wait?

More news: Sony to ditch active shutter 3D TVs? | News | TechRadar

Did you check the article date ? ;)

Feb 2012 :D

I placed order for Sony 40HX750. Price around 71K. Delivery on Monday or Tuesday. I can't extend my budget any further so skipping HX850. I would have gone for the LG model as in demo I found it very good for 3D. Demo is not possible for Sony as it is not available in our canteen ready stock.

I placed order for Sony 40HX750. Price around 71K. Delivery on Monday or Tuesday. I can't extend my budget any further so skipping HX850. I would have gone for the LG model as in demo I found it very good for 3D. Demo is not possible for Sony as it is not available in our canteen ready stock.
Congratulations. Is 71K the canteen price?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back