Please suggest an HD DVD player!!!!

sim_forgotten

Hi,

I have recently booked LA40C550 for me. Now I need a HD DVD player for movies both HD and SD. Please suggest a decent one. Budget max. 5-6k.

Hope for your quick responses.

Thanks.

pioneer 610 if you can source it else peioneer 420 from the grey market for around 5k - great bang for the buck and much better than the normal sonys or samsungs available in the market dude

Well these are not available here. Anything else you can suggest?

Will I be able to play 720p and 1080p ripped movies using the player?
BTW the samsung guyz are suggesting 1080PK/PR. Are they gud?

Hi Supra,

I think he is meaning to play HD contents from Bluray(HD contents)& DVD(SD contents) I believe.. check it out..May be u r right if he meant upscaling of SD contents:)

Regards

Guyz please suggest. I can get a good discount on the combo of TV + DVD player. But I will only buy both if its worth it, else no.
Hence, seeking advice from you all.
:)

Well these are not available here. Anything else you can suggest?

Will I be able to play 720p and 1080p ripped movies using the player?
BTW the samsung guyz are suggesting 1080PK/PR. Are they gud?

The question you ask is wrong then :)

HD DVD player is not used to play 720p and 1080p ripped movies..
it is basically used for HD-DVD media disks which are rarely found these days..
Blue Ray disks are more popular for HD movies..

What you should be looking for is a Blue-Ray player..
Few BlueRay Players have limited support for playing ripped 720p and 1080p file via USB HDDs/PenDrives..
please search the forum and explore further..

May be ur deal is good, not worth to play the ripped contents and all the player have limited capability.

Go for an Media player to play the ripped contents whether it is HD or SD ... Better as of now cheaper is xtreamer sidewinder which may be future proof if you venture into HT setup with HD capable AV receiver & plenty of suggestions are available here Media & Streaming Players

Thanks for pointing out Alok.

Just want to know, are the 720p/1080p movies available in DVDs out there? If yes, then can I play those movies using the DVD player?
As far as BD player is concerned, I will get PS3 in near future.

Well, if I get an external HDD, then my TV is capable of playing movies from HDD right? Then I will watch ripped movies via usb and normal DVD movies using the player.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

If you have a laptop or PC you can play the hd dvd rips and watch them on your TV. Save the money for new PS3 (move) with motion gaming ....

Thanks for pointing out Alok.

Just want to know, are the 720p/1080p movies available in DVDs out there? If yes, then can I play those movies using the DVD player?
As far as BD player is concerned, I will get PS3 in near future.

Well, if I get an external HDD, then my TV is capable of playing movies from HDD right? Then I will watch ripped movies via usb and normal DVD movies using the player.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

720p/1080p movies are not available on DVDs..
A DVD player will only play DVD disks.. Its USB port may support few SD movie formats..
Get any decent DVD player.. Pioneer are very popular in this forum..

BTW.. you booked 40C550.. it supports USB playback for most of the HD movie formats..
it supports NTFS HDD as well.. So you don't have to worry about most of your HDrips.. your TV can play them directly on its USB port..

Well I guess then I can skip the DVD player for now?

Also, just wanna say, I can change the booking as the deale ris my friend. I am yet to pay also. I am getting LD460 42 incher for 50k. Is it better than C550? Just a quick query.

Well guyz, a problem faced while playing .VOB file using USB drive in my TV.

As I have said earlier, I have a LA40C550.

The weired problem is that, I bought a dvd locally for 20 bucks, it was written to be copied from blu ray disc hence PQ being better than normal dvds, copied the total DVD in the USB pendrive and started watching the movie but only 1 .VOB file got played, the other 3 .VOB files were skipped giving the error 'Video Codec not supported'.

I have no idea why 1 file got played and the others were not playable. Please guyz, can you shade some light upon this incident?

I have said earlier that I dont wanna get a DVD player. But also, I dont wanna go for PS3
in near future anymore. Hence, would the Sony BDP be a good buy?

Awaiting your quick responses and valuable advices.

Thanks.

The weired problem is that, I bought a dvd locally for 20 bucks, it was written to be copied from blu ray disc hence PQ being better than normal dvds, copied the total DVD in the USB pendrive and started watching the movie but only 1 .VOB file got played, the other 3 .VOB files were skipped giving the error 'Video Codec not supported'.

I have no idea why 1 file got played and the others were not playable. Please guyz, can you shade some light upon this incident?

During the conversion process, the compression used must have been one that your player does not understand. Even if the file extension is the same, the compression method can be different.

Cheers

I bought a dvd locally for 20 bucks, it was written to be copied from blu ray disc hence PQ being better than normal dvds..
Thanks.

Do not believe what's written on cover is true (this is much like a Sales pitch).. it's a bunch of lies.

More often that not, the quality of movies in pirated DVDs are pretty crappy.. copied from BluRay does NOT necessarily mean better quality. Also you can see most pirated DVDs on the street cover says "SUPERBIT".. that's b**lshit.. they are either camera print or regular DVD print at the most.

I have a few original Superbit DVDs and the PQ.SQ is WAY better than standard DVDs... Just don't expect stellar quality from a pirated DVD... If you are lucky, you might get same quality as a regular DVD.

Do not believe what's written on cover is true (this is much like a Sales pitch).. it's a bunch of lies.

More often that not, the quality of movies in pirated DVDs are pretty crappy.. copied from BluRay does NOT necessarily mean better quality. Also you can see most pirated DVDs on the street cover says "SUPERBIT".. that's b**lshit.. they are either camera print or regular DVD print at the most.

I have a few original Superbit DVDs and the PQ.SQ is WAY better than standard DVDs... Just don't expect stellar quality from a pirated DVD... If you are lucky, you might get same quality as a regular DVD.

Pirated DVDs are useless if you have a Projector or Large LCD / Plasma Screen. They will look reasonable in 14 / 21 inch crt only.

There are few Blu Ray to DVD copies available pirated but the quality is never close to normal dvd or blu ray.

close to blu ray quality is only possible if you make an avchd dvd and not by standard dvd.........

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back