Please Suggest Best HT within 15-20k.

Myzus

Guys,
Please suggest Best Entry level Home theatre within 15000-20000.

Also can i also get a decent BDP within this price and HT .

My first preference is HT and then if possible within this budget then i can buy a BDP , as i can play almost all formats in my Panasonic 42UT50

what are pros and cons of BDP and media player? Which might be a better option

Please suggest the model no and its approx price of HT and BDP

Thanks,
Myzus

If you like sound of SONY HTIB's then this would be a good option.
BDV-E290 : Blu-ray Home Theatre Systems : Home Theatre System : Sony India

You get a BD player, a USB in slot which can play most of the formats(do check and confirm on playable formats and whether it supports high capacity HDDs this anyways) and a powerful sub of 250W.

If you want better sound quality, go for Onkyo 3400, which is around 25k, but it doesn't include a BD player.

ONKYO HT-S3500 would be the best within 25k if you can stretch a bit, would be worth it. You might also be able to source the older model HT-S3400 which might be a bit cheaper. These are the best value for money.
Stay away from consumer electronic brands like sony, samsung, philips, etc............they do not have a place in hifi, keep them where they excel..........in making tv's!!!

The Yamaha YHT 196 is around 20K and will be better than the Sony HTIB. This also does not include BD player. Also it does not support HD audio. HD audio support is not important if you are watching download rips only.

Stay away from HT units with an integrated player. Once the player stops working the entire unit becomes useless.

Better invest in HT units with a separate AVR from the likes of Onkyo, Yamaha, Pioneer. Additional player will be required but this way it will last you a longer time.

Also, go for an AVR with as many HDMI inputs as possible. Very soon you might add up more devices and need more inputs.

@aakashr - Thanks . 25k is good enough. will think about it.

@baijuxavior - Thanks buddy. howz yamaha compared with ONKYO HT-S3500

@musicbee - gr8 suggestion. thanks for sharing this info.

Thanks,
Myzus

If you are so interested in BDP,

Onkyo 3400 HTIB @27k
pay 2,449 and get a phillips BD player worth 8k.
check out in reliance digital.

else go for just Onkyo 3400 HTIB, you'll get if for less than 25k.
My suggestion would be go for HTIB. You'll end up not using BDP for BD stuff.

Go with Onkyo HT-S3500, which is the current model. HT-S3400 though cheaper is now discontinued. Suggest to try to get a good deal for HT-S3500.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back