Please suggest for new Home Theater setup

subodh

Hi Folks,

Please help me in making decision for new Home Theater for my new flat.

I am basically looking for surround sound system (dolby 5.1). My usage is 60% movies (downloaded from piratebay, HD DTH) + 40 % music (mp3 downloaded from songs.pk).

Right now I am having:

1) Sony Bravia EX 52 model 32 inch LED
2) Phillips 5.1 Multimedia speakers DSP 2200 (4 year old)
3) XBOX 360

My drawing room size: 10 feet width * 14.75 length
My Budget - 20k to 1 Lakh for (Speakers + AVR + BD Player)
(basically looking for value for money devices)

Projector:
BenQ W1070 1080P 3D
I am planning to get it from USA as it will cost me 55k from amazon.com and here I am getting it around 90k.

I could figure out below options:

1) Logitech Speaker System Z906 : this is the cheapest option, but people say that it is value for money and sufficient for small room size, it has full effect of surround sound and THX certified speakers. I can connect it to TV or BD player. it cost's only 21 k

2) Sony BDV-N9100W : I don't know why people say that sony is only good for pictures but not for sound, as Sony is the first company who invent walkman. Rest aside I got chance demo for this and its quite impressive surround sound system, Sony center folks were saying source should support dolby 5.1 then it will also give you same effects it can be (HD DTH, downloaded movie, mp3), I don't know why people go for AVR if we have option for combined package of sony speakers with BD Player, please help me here to clear my doubts. it cost's near 50k

3) Violet Speakers : They have impressive technology but here I have doubt whether it is worth to spend 50k only on speaker.. just for sake of flexibility that you can change your speaker position at any point of time without hassling in acoustic settings.

4) Denon x500 + focal speakers : This I know best option but very costly too. budget for this is around denon x500 will be around 21k but here I think I can not play it with USB, so either I have to dependent on BD player or should go for higher version like x1000 which will be cost around 31k and SPEAKERS :
wall mount Focal IW 106v (3 in nos) Cost around 36k
ceiling JNM Surround speaker (2 in nos) Cost around 5k
woofer S-31w 250Watts cost around 10k

5) After reading some more threads I found Pioneer RS-33 HTiB also looking good option and Yamha YHT 299... really confuse whether to go with package of AVR + Speaker or not...

So in among above choices in which I can get maximum benefits with minimum investment ;). I am residing in bangalore and I got attached quote from DNI home theater, please let me know if somebody else can give me more competitive quote.

Best regards,
Subodh

Attachments

• Sunrise aprt - OPTN 1 .pdf
    122.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
If you're looking for something which will be with you for a long time then I suggest you to go for good AVR and speakers. You don't have to shell out all at once. Just buy AVR + 2 speakers for now and then keep on adding.

Thanks for the response buddy... but with only 2 speaker I would nt able to get surround sound effect (5.1 dolby) this is my minimum requirement..

Room size is small! Settle only for satellites package. Many choices are available. Compare the specs of each, that is important. Try settle for one which has the biggest size mid-woofer. Obviously, try them out first and settle for one which is the friendliest to YOUR ears. Try NOT taking 'general' opinions on sound quality in the Forum. Everyone's taste is different and human nature would govern pushing for a product procured by self.

Suggest going in for Yamaha or Pioneer receivers. You do not need too much power, due to a small room. Entry level receivers would suffice.

thanks, I am new in this segment.. so, can you please elaborate what are the satellites packages...
Can you please give some suggestion for biggest size mid woofer..

Go for Pioneer RS-33 HTiB they are the best. It is great with all size of rooms and also its give you value for money.

You already have phillips speakers i guess, so just buy an AVR for now. Upgrade your speakers later. I have Yahama 299, gr8 system for small/mid size rooms. Supports DD HD, DTS HD, 4K passthrough, has active sub. Onkyo Denon Pio are also good.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back