Please suggest me ~40" LED or Plasma & is "active 3D" bad ??

What type of 3D TV you like?

• Total voters

akb

Hi all,

Need help of you guys desperately. I am mainly looking at getting Samsung's 43F4900 3D Plasma. Other option for me is LG PN4500 Plasma (kinda same just without the 3D and just one HDMI) for good price of 33K. The last option is to take the risk of picking 40F5000 LED for Rs. 33K (w/o warranty) from Gaffar Market here in Delhi (same sells for ~ 54K in stores).

43F4900 is active 3D and I was reading about active 3D on web. In some articles they say u may get headaches in watching movies after 15 minutes or so, ur brain notices the shuttering of glasses, image is dark, you can't be too far off vertically & horizontally from the center, etc etc. What is your take?

I did demo both LG & Samsung models in stores for a brief-while in which I couldn't check for these 3D related issues. I did find LG's sound & interface to be better and it supported more movie formats. I had 11 files in my USB HDD of different formats. Samsung only showed 8 in folder whereas LG showed all (I think sammy skipped the native BR .m2ts format files & .mov). Though the LED of same F series did display all files. PQ was more of less same in both LG & Samsung.

I did check Panasonic also as they offer 3 years warranty but they didn't have much options to offer both in LED & Plasma. Either they have their 39" LED which wasn't very good or > 50" models in LED & Plasma which were out of my budget.

Now I am confused. Please help me out guys.

-Akash

Wow...40f5000 is available for 33k from gaffar, is it ???
Only, if tvs where as reliable as yesteryear LCDs, I would've bought one from grey right away.
I don't know...the price looks really tempting. Btw, where u able to find out prices of Panasonic LEDs in gaffar, especially 42E6d ??

Wow...40f5000 is available for 33k from gaffar, is it ???
Only, if tvs where as reliable as yesteryear LCDs, I would've bought one from grey right away.
I don't know...the price looks really tempting. Btw, where u able to find out prices of Panasonic LEDs in gaffar, especially 42E6d ??

Just visited yesterday. They were selling F5000 for Rs. 33200 & F5500 for Rs. 40500. I didn't see any LG or Panasonic's there. It seems they just stock some limited models of Sony & Samsung only.

I have active 3DTV. Initially it was not easy to watch the 3D content for long time. It used to give me headaches after a few minutes. But now after watching dozens of 3d movies, I don't feel any headache and I can watch the movie without any break.

I have active 3DTV. Initially it was not easy to watch the 3D content for long time. It used to give me headaches after a few minutes. But now after watching dozens of 3d movies, I don't feel any headache and I can watch the movie without any break.

I get headaches watching even passive 3D in cinema halls that is why I am kinda paranoid :D

Do you have chargeable glasses?

Just visited yesterday. They were selling F5000 for Rs. 33200 & F5500 for Rs. 40500. I didn't see any LG or Panasonic's there. It seems they just stock some limited models of Sony & Samsung only.

Awesome..33k for f5000 is actually brilliant price and this tv has got great reviews online on comprehensive sites such as HDTV test uk even though it's a direct lit led tv.
It's due to Samsungs own s-vpa panel which is supposedly better then even the VA panle by AUO used by most good LEDs today.

Do let us know...if u end up buying the f5000 from grey...man the price is tempting.

Awesome..33k for f5000 is actually brilliant price and this tv has got great reviews online on comprehensive sites such as HDTV test uk even though it's a direct lit led tv.
It's due to Samsungs own s-vpa panel which is supposedly better then even the VA panle by AUO used by most good LEDs today.

Do let us know...if u end up buying the f5000 from grey...man the price is tempting.

I am also afraid to buy from grey market just like you :) But might still take the risk. I have seen ads and talked to people from olx who are though selling same imported pieces but are giving bill & 1 year warranty with these. F5000 for 38.5K. They say they have tie-up with company people. Not sure how true is that.

I do not think that "which 3D" is a factor that should be the main determining factor. My own TV is "active 3D" but I personally think "passive 3D" is better (for many reasons). But my choice of TV was based on picture quality.

And you know what. My TV is now about 16 months old and must have done close to 3200 hours. Out of these, the 3D clocked hours must be less than 30 (and being generous here) - so not even 1%.

I do not think that "which 3D" is a factor that should be the main determining factor. My own TV is "active 3D" but I personally think "passive 3D" is better (for many reasons). But my choice of TV was based on picture quality.

And you know what. My TV is now about 16 months old and must have done close to 3200 hours. Out of these, the 3D clocked hours must be less than 30 (and being generous here) - so not even 1%.

I know but you are getting it wrong. "Which 3D" isn't the topic of the thread. It was a just a side confusion which I felt like putting as a poll. F4900 is VFM but if active 3D is considered very bad then I would not want to spend extra for 3D and just go with the non 3D model of LG or any LED..

Read other threads and seems like Panasonic's L42E6D can also be a good choice if fetched at right price i.e. 52-53K.

My opinion is Active 3D is the right and advanced technology than passive. And regarding headache, its only for some people. I have a friend complaining when in theatre, she felt headache (which is passive 3D).
Its only the eysight and focussing effect.
in Passive 3D, you may not have full HD view as in active. Maximum resolution in passive 3D is half of the full resolution of the TV. Glasses need batteries/charging though.
Active 3D in public theatres is not a good idea , one reason active 3D glasses will be expensive to maintain, and the signal should properly reach all the glasses (this might not be an issue).

I am also afraid to buy from grey market just like you :) But might still take the risk. I have seen ads and talked to people from olx who are though selling same imported pieces but are giving bill & 1 year warranty with these. F5000 for 38.5K. They say they have tie-up with company people. Not sure how true is that.

Ha....thats plain bullshit, don't fall for that, they call it dealers warranty which is good for nothing n as good as having no warranty.
You'll find plenty of sellers with dealers warranty on eBay too...for similar price.
Just forget about it n if u are able to make up your mind to get it from grey, get it from gaffar only for 33k...u cant beat that price.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back