Please suggest me a blu ray player within $150

vivek.saikia

Hi All,

As my Sony BDP BX-18 blu ray player died recently, I am on a look out for a new BDP. My budget for the BDP is max $150. I am going to pair up the BDP with my Sharp 42 Inch Full HD LCD.

I have a list of features which are must haves and some features which will be good to have.

Must Have Features:
1. Good Video quality
2. Internet Streaming features like Netflix, Youtube, Amazon Video, Hulu Plus etc
3. Full Internet Browser with latest flash support
4. Digital Audio output

Good to Have Features:
1. DLNA Support
2. USB port
3. Smartphone controllable apps
4. Downloadable apps

Please suggest me a BDP which will cover for all of the above must have requirements.

My apologies if I have created a duplicate thread, but I have searched in the forum but couldn't find a post with the same requirements.

Thanks!

why dont you look at 220-electronics and shopping.google.com should be easier for you to search

I think he lives in US so no point in getting from 220electronics. You will have lots of options if you want to use it in US from Sony,LG,Samsung etc.,

Thanks

why dont you look at 220-electronics and shopping.google.com should be easier for you to search

I think he lives in US so no point in getting from 220electronics. You will have lots of options if you want to use it in US from Sony,LG,Samsung etc.,

Thanks

Yes, there are lots of options in US and that's what is confusing me more.
I just wanted to get some suggestions from the friends here in this forum, by their first hand experience with a BDP.

The Samsung BDPs seems to be having the full Browser advertised strongly. Any suggestion for these?

Yes, there are lots of options in US and that's what is confusing me more.
I just wanted to get some suggestions from the friends here in this forum, by their first hand experience with a BDP.

The Samsung BDPs seems to be having the full Browser advertised strongly. Any suggestion for these?

even sony BDP for 120 to 150 USDs in India (in INR) has browser but the main problem is that everything has to be done via remote

Went ahead and bought the Samsung BD-E5900 3D WiFi Blu-ray Disc Player from best buy.
Overall features are good and all the online streaming services works well. The internet browsing using the supplied remote is a PITA.

So far so good. I always have the option to return the player within 30days if I don't like the player.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back