Please suggest me good speakers for under 1 lakh.. already bought the receiver..

rajat.gulati

Hey friends, i dont know much about audio. So i want you guys to advice me best speakers for me.

My room size is 22 / 17

I love hearing music with a deep and clear bass, which i love to hear all the time & I Watch movies and regular tv on daily basis as well.

I have already purchased the Yamaha RX-A840 Aventage Receiver.

http://www.soundvisionreview.com/hi-fi-home-theater/amplifiers-receivers/yamaha-rx-a840-review/

SUGGEST ME A good Speakers for under 1 LAKH..

OR i can buy a good Floor standing speakers for the time being.

So please suggest me as many good options as you know as i dont have many available here to take demo.

Hey friends, i dont know much about audio. So i want you guys to advice me best speakers for me.

My room size is 22 / 17

I love hearing music with a deep and clear bass, which i love to hear all the time & I Watch movies and regular tv on daily basis as well.

I have already purchased the Yamaha RX-A840 Aventage Receiver.

Yamaha RX-A840 Review | SoundVisionReview

SUGGEST ME A good Speakers for under 1 LAKH..

OR i can buy a good Floor standing speakers for the time being.

So please suggest me as many good options as you know as i dont have many available here to take demo.

Congratulations on you Yammy! :)

You can check out Monitor Audio BX6 as well. As they recently launched Bronze 6, the BX6 price has gone down quite drastically.

Other options could be Focal, Usher, KEF, B&W ... all are very good.

I would look at a tannoy floorstander for a 1 lac budget
Or
The Psb

Elac speaker package is available with my friend who upgraded to B&W CM series. In case you are interested PM me I can send you the actual unit photos.. It may suit your budget may be you have to stretch it very marginally though due to packing and shipping.

Floor standers ; Elac fs58
Surrounds; bs53
Center; cc51
Subwoofer; 50esp.

IMO this package should go good with your setup. You can goggle and get the full details.

Thanks,

R. Balagopalan.

Last edited:
I always believed that speakers are a very personal choice. In your place I would select a set of movies I love and go and audition as many speakers as I can, take notes, and re-audition the shortlisted speakers before writing the cheque.

Cheers

Read a lot of reviews to guide you. Some like a particular model while others dislike it. Arm yourself with the pro's and con's of others and then audition the speaker yourself ! Only real way you can get what you like best. However you really need to hear the speaker in your room too ! Might be great at the shop and not so great in your place due to the different acoustic behaviour of the rooms or other differences in the system.

Don't skip the 'research ' part !n The Net is always 'on' ! :)

I recently heard some floor standing Jamo speakers under a lakh. They were very good in the shop. I carried my own CD ! There are many good floor standers. Pick some brands and models you think you'd like and then go and 'listen' to them. If you don't , you would be buying (almost) blindly ! Other people's opinions are only a guide !
Do you like a chocolate drink ? Many love it. I like chocolate bars. I dislike it in any other form ! You get what I mean !.....:D

1. Diamond 220 standmounts pair for 23k
2. equivalent diamond surrounds for 20k
3. Wharfedale center channel speaker for approx 15k
4. for sub get thonet & vander sub for 23k

or you can buy a single sub from BIC america, velodyne etc

5. Cables approx 7k

If you have the time, goto an av showroom and take audition and make your own choices. You will be thoroughly satisfied!

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back