please suggest settings for DD,DTS,Dolby true HD,DTS HD on onkyo hts 3300

kadirmkarthik

hi,
i have a new onkyo ht-s 3300 and i have connected to my pc (athlon 2 x4 635, xfx radeon hd 5770 1gb, windows 7 64bit).
i am having .mkv files having dolby digital, some demo material downloaded from demoworld site. (dolby true hd and dts ma).also some movie dvds with DD and DTS.
i could play the files in dolby prologic or dts neo6 and i could nt get Dolby digital on reciever's display.
i just wanted to ask you, whether this type of pc connection to HTIB will deliver expected content say DD or DTS? (as the HTIB is meant for blu ray players and widescreen TVs).
at present i have only this configuration to connect to HTIB. i am very much expecting to get HD audio with surround in my set up. it would be very nice if you could tell me why the reason im not getting the real digital sound?, should i do something else...

(forgot to mention the connections--- i have connected a hdmi cable to graphic card's hdmi output and then to BD/DVD hdmi of onkyo. software for playing - VLC media player. i read the manual but i could not understand)

^maybe u need a sound card with digital out.

Incorrect information. The 5770 is capable of bitstreaming digital information to the receiver through HDMI. ATI has recently made available new drivers with native HD Audio support.

Cheers

It is usually a settings issue and having the right drivers. I use PowerDVD that transmits DTS and Dolby without any issues. On the same HTPC and AVR combination VLC and KM Player send only Decoded multi channel audio. I have yet to figure out the reasons. I did get it correct in between, but lost the methodology as I was fooling around with the drivers.

This link, for example, gives clear instructions on how to bitstream with FFDShow and MPC HC.

Cheers

I tried the steps given by ontherocks in the other thread but no result till now:mad::mad: I don't know whats wrong!! Anyways, as My college hols are over now I won't have access to my HT so wont be able to follow the development on this issue. Best of luck to everyone still facing the same issue:)

You never got back. I thought you were successful. :confused:
Yeah, sorry about that. I was travelling and had no access to the internet. And now I won't be able to visit my home for about 3 months so I guess I'll try to to solve this issue then:D

It is usually a settings issue and having the right drivers. I use PowerDVD that transmits DTS and Dolby without any issues. On the same HTPC and AVR combination VLC and KM Player send only Decoded multi channel audio. I have yet to figure out the reasons. I did get it correct in between, but lost the methodology as I was fooling around with the drivers.

This link, for example, gives clear instructions on how to bitstream with FFDShow and MPC HC.

Cheers

oh thank you so much..... it worked after installing powerdvd. but with mpc-hc, i have to check it up with the link u provided.

I tried the steps given by ontherocks in the other thread but no result till now:mad::mad: I don't know whats wrong!! Anyways, as My college hols are over now I won't have access to my HT so wont be able to follow the development on this issue. Best of luck to everyone still facing the same issue:)

i think u know i had same kinda problem. with powerdvd we can simply sort out them.i suggest u to try powerdvd 10 with ur system and tell me. for me it worked.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back