Pls recommend a home cinema projector for 40K and let me know if this layout is ok

naveenjn

I have been watching movies on my 32" 720p LCD TV (connected to PC via GeForce 9600GT card) for the last 5 years. This year I want to go for an upgrade. At first I thought I should get a 42" 3D LED TV but then I thought for the same amount or less I can get a bigger screen with a projector.

My purpose is to mostly watch DVD resolution videos and the occasional 720p/1080p movies. I believe for my 40,000 budget I can afford only a 720p LED projector, which should be enough for my usage. I will be connecting it to my PC via HDMI and play videos from there.

Please recommend me a suitable model for 40K. My room is relatively dark and I am planning to get curtains to cover the 2 windows. Acer K330 looks great but I read about some focus issue where the video goes out of focus as the playback progresses. What is your experience? And what are some other models in that range?

Also what is the average power consumption of such projectors? I am already paying a hefty electricity bill and I don't want to increase it any more, so please let me know the consumption figures.

Now another doubt I have is regarding my setup. Please check the image below. I have tried to draw it to the best of my ability.

BVohEQv.jpg

I will be projecting to a clear white wall. But the issue is the location of the projector. Can I adjust the picture horizontally to such degrees so that I can get a clean view as if the projector is placed in the center? I read that there is something called keystoning but not sure how far it will go. The circular area is where I will be sitting to watch.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Re: Pls recommend a home cinema projector for 40K and let me know if this layout is o

Keystone is a small amount of correction. It's a software correction, so results in distortion of image. Projects having optical keystone correction are very expensive.

I have doubts whether you'll be able to get a good picture due to the projector being placed sideways.

Re: Pls recommend a home cinema projector for 40K and let me know if this layout is o

There is LG LED projector for sale in the forum.

I see that listing but I am not sure how a deal is carried out here at HFV. I always buy stuff from Amazon, eBay, Flipkart etc. I am not sure how the payment is handled in HFV, like who is responsible for ensuring a safe transaction from both sides etc...

For Sale threads are based on mutual trust between the buyer and the seller and hifivision has no role in it. You need to contact the seller personally and make arrangements for payment.

I feel you might be better off setting up the projector to the center of the screen using a celling mount. As for the budget goes i can suggest a Ben Q whis is about 20 k more but is great value for the money. We have used them in some installations and have no complaints. All the best...

By the way projectors that will project from an angle have a specialized technology and are quite expensive.

1. Try ceiling mount
2. Try and spend a bit more and see if you can get the new Epson 720p with 3 d
3. Keystone should ideally be avoided since it also ends up eating the image size.
4. Lens shift is ideal but will be available in expensive projectors.

Could you please tell the model of Epson projector with 720p and 3D? There are so many Epson projectors and it is confusing.

EH TW 550 is the new launch. Someone in the forum has purchased this and is quite satisfied with the performance

Thanks man. Surprisingly I can't find it on sale on any Indian website. But I read that the price is around 55K. Bit out of my league but native 3D support is tempting.

then get its predeccsor 480 which will be around 42k..or less..
dont get led one..
these are super powerful..projection needs power.

and as other suggested..get ceiling mount..so much sideway needs lot ot keystone corrrection..

Thanks man. Surprisingly I can't find it on sale on any Indian website. But I read that the price is around 55K. Bit out of my league but native 3D support is tempting.

It is available in deltaperipherals for 52K. Download the price list from Price List in PDF for...

Acer 6510BD is also a gr8 option, its 1080p, 3D DLP projector with very good reviews. Only problem is that its not yet available in India. But you can order from us through ishopinternational, borderlinx. It will cost you around 53K.....

Cool! Never knew a 1080p 3D projector was available for $800. But when compared to the 720p model of Epson 750HD (which is similar to TW550), Projectorcentral says while Acer has more pixels due to 1080P output, the color reproduction and brightness is better on Epson 750HD.

Epson 750HD Home Video Projector Review

My viewing distance is about 12ft from a projection of 90" to 100". Will 1080P make a difference here?

It is better to go for full hd if you can stretch a bit.

I am also considering a projector in the similar budget. Was earlier considering the LED ones. Lamp life was really attractive.Liked them but reading through HFV has made me ditch them. Epson TW-480 seems like a good buy if available around 42k :D

Epson TW-480 is available for 47.5k while TW-550 for 54.5k at ezoneonline (Should be lower in the market) I suppose the difference is that 480 doesn't support 3D, Otherwise are both equally good?
I don' t need the 3D much, infact i don't like it watching it at all in Cinema Halls as well, so TW-480 a good choice? expertreviews.co.uk suggest poor 3d performance for 550.

Also looking at Benq 750/710ST if i can buy it from US (33k). Any idea how it fares up against TW-550?

Any recommended dealers for Epson in Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida.

One last thing - Are the projector lamps available for long even after the projector is discontinued?
I suppose the LCD projectors aren't going to be obsolete anytime. Just seen a lot of brands making DLP now.

Last edited:

Hi

I have been using Acer K11 LED projector for the past 3yrs for movies as well as DTH and it is still going strong. The main advantage is bulb factor since it is LED it is worry free watching and less heat generation and now i have upgraded to Acer K330 which i bought from Flipkart for Rs.37123/- with 2yrs warranty, so regarding quality, LED projectors does the job as good as any lamp based projector in the price range.

Regards

sub

Hi

I have been using Acer K11 LED projector for the past 3yrs for movies as well as DTH and it is still going strong. The main advantage is bulb factor since it is LED it is worry free watching and less heat generation and now i have upgraded to Acer K330 which i bought from Flipkart for Rs.37123/- with 2yrs warranty, so regarding quality, LED projectors does the job as good as any lamp based projector in the price range.

Regards

sub

I have heard some HDMI drop issues/focus issue with k330. Have you faced any ? I have controlled light environment thats why was thinking of going with LED. But does the room need to be dark pitch black or 90% dark does the job?Plus i haven't taken any demo's yet. I'll take some demos in a day or two and post my findings.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back