Plz advice, shortlisted items or paradigm?

user73

Hi Everyone,

After lot of searching i shortlisted below.
Going to buy Avr denon AVR-X1500H
I don't know much about the technicalities so any advice is really appreciated.

Front Kef Q-550
Center KEF Q-650C
Sub BIC America Formula F12 or Polk Audio HTS 12?
Surround Polk Audio FXI A6

listening distance is 10ft.Above list has actually exceeded my budget but somehow will try to manage.

Also i got another deal from seller who is offering at discounted price almost as above components.
paradigm 6000sf front speakers
Paradigm r SE 2000C
Paradigm Surround 1
Paradigm Defiance V12.
First i am not sure above shortlisted items are right or not?means in order to have consistent timbre.secondly even if they are right,should i go with Paradigm or above list.
thx in advance

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Why don't you take a little more time to get to know the sound of the items you have in mind?
It always helps to get the opinions of others but in the end you have to like the sound yourself.

Good luck!

listening distance is 10ft.Above list has actually exceeded my budget but somehow will try to manage.

KEF Q650c x 5 speakers ( L,C,R, SL & SR).. Should save you lot of your budget and a great movie watching experience.. I use 5 identical speakers in my 5.4.2 set-up and it sounds great.. If you too prefer that experience, you may choose that..

First i am not sure above shortlisted items are right or not?means in order to have consistent timbre.

If you can choose identical 5 speakers, then they are "Perfectly matched" for a great movie experience..

Paradigm little forward and aggresive sound signature is more suited for movies . KEF relaxed and little polite sound signature is more suited for music lovers.

Hi Everyone,

After lot of searching i shortlisted below.
Going to buy Avr denon AVR-X1500H
I don't know much about the technicalities so any advice is really appreciated.

Front Kef Q-550
Center KEF Q-650C
Sub BIC America Formula F12 or Polk Audio HTS 12?
Surround Polk Audio FXI A6

Also i got another deal from seller who is offering at discounted price almost as above components.
paradigm 6000sf front speakers
Paradigm r SE 2000C
Paradigm Surround 1
Paradigm Defiance V12.
First i am not sure above shortlisted items are right or not?means in order to have consistent timbre.secondly even if they are right,should i go with Paradigm or above list.
thx in advance
Hello...
Are you able to listen to both setups...atleast the 5 ear level speakers.
Taking demo of the complete setup would be the best thing to do.

If they are able to give you demo of the setups, play first 10-15 minutes of gravity movie. This is one of the best clips to test out timbre matching as the actors voice continuously pan around speakers. If you find little to no difference, then you can go ahead. If it bothers you, then you need to look at other combination.

As far as brand is concerned, both are equally good.

Cheers
Siju

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Why don't you take a little more time to get to know the sound of the items you have in mind?
It always helps to get the opinions of others but in the end you have to like the sound yourself.

Good luck!

thx nikhil will keep that in mind.

KEF Q650c x 5 speakers ( L,C,R, SL & SR).. Should save you lot of your budget and a great movie watching experience.. I use 5 identical speakers in my 5.4.2 set-up and it sounds great.. If you too prefer that experience, you may choose that..

If you can choose identical 5 speakers, then they are "Perfectly matched" for a great movie experience..
Actually i couldn't find KEF bipolar speakers and i choose polk as they fit in the budget.

Really appreciate your replies guys.Thx.

Hello...
Are you able to listen to both setups...atleast the 5 ear level speakers.
Taking demo of the complete setup would be the best thing to do.

If they are able to give you demo of the setups, play first 10-15 minutes of gravity movie. This is one of the best clips to test out timbre matching as the actors voice continuously pan around speakers. If you find little to no difference, then you can go ahead. If it bothers you, then you need to look at other combination.

As far as brand is concerned, both are equally good.

Cheers
Siju
For taking a demo i have to go other town which is kind of long drive.But i keep in mind the gravity movie for a test.

Has anyone tried HDR from AVR using PC setup?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back