Plz recommend a CPU only for 15K with wireless Keyboard & mouse

elangoas

Hi All,

I would like to assemble a CPU alone with Wireless Keyboard & mouse for a budget of 15K. This will be for surfing the net for Approx 3 - 4 hrs a day... Also to play games on this...

Components that i already have

Marantz SR 5200 (Non HDMI receiver), Panasonic 32 HD Ready TV (Capable of displaying 1920 x 1080 thru HDMI per the manual).

What i am looking for

CPU should have HDMI out as i inted to use my Panasonic 32 Inch HD Ready TV as monitor.... Also planning for a bigger TV later.... Either a 46 LCD TV (or) 50 inch Plasma.....
It should have Digital Optical / Coaxial out since i dont have a HDMI receiver....
Seating position is approx 10 feet from the LCD TV....

Kindly suggest / recommend the componenets

Gigabyte E350 - 4200
4 GB DDR3 RAM - 1175
Cabby with supply - 2500
WD 250 GB HDD - 3500
Logitech wirelss and mouse - 1500
Total cost = 15000

You will have to buy a SPDIF out header and Depending on the type of games you want to play, this config may not be able to handle them. you will need to increase your budget for it.

If you are into light gaming then consider the AMD A6 series APU. They are great for HTPC and moderate gaming. See my signature for the system I'm using. Cost should be around 15K.

Gigabyte E350 - 4200
4 GB DDR3 RAM - 1175
Cabby with supply - 2500
WD 250 GB HDD - 3500
Logitech wirelss and mouse - 1500
Total cost = 15000

You will have to buy a SPDIF out header and Depending on the type of games you want to play, this config may not be able to handle them. you will need to increase your budget for it.

Thanks for the suggestion... I didn't understand SPDIF out header...

Does the gigabit E35o cover the processor tooo... Sorry completely unaware of this...

I don't mind increasing my budget, but how much should i increase ?

If you are into light gaming then consider the AMD A6 series APU. They are great for HTPC and moderate gaming. See my signature for the system I'm using. Cost should be around 15K.

The last game that i ever played on my home PC was NFS thru CD:clapping:... Now i wish to play some HD games...Though not hard core gamer.. But just like to play for sometime atleast on weekends...

So recommend me a mother board & processor that can handle the above requirement...

Let us get your requirements clear
1. Which games you would like to play?
2. At what resolutions would you like to play them? (The configuration of computer will increase with increase in resolution of gaming)
3. What is the absolute MAX budget that you can spare?

Let us get your requirements clear
1. Which games you would like to play?
2. At what resolutions would you like to play them? (The configuration of computer will increase with increase in resolution of gaming)
3. What is the absolute MAX budget that you can spare?

1. For now i have no idea... But i like to experience playing HD games...If the cost is going to be more, then i will live with what is required for a casual gamer. I did check pirate bay for some HD games.. there seems to be plenty...

2. I have read that by connecting your CPU to the LCD TV, you can have a Full HD resolution... I am unaware of the refresh rate...

3. 20K

Is it upgradable in the future ? I mean can i swap it for a higher processor @ a later point of time ?

It is not upgradeable as the processor is integrated on to the motherboard. E350 apus are intended mainly for htpc use. It is not a gaming solution. I suggest you to go for a basic motherboard + processor combo and add a graphics card. This will give you better gaming experience.

It is not upgradeable as the processor is integrated on to the motherboard. E350 apus are intended mainly for htpc use. It is not a gaming solution. I suggest you to go for a basic motherboard + processor combo and add a graphics card. This will give you better gaming experience.

Many thanx...I repeat that i am completely noob in this area and would need your recommendations...I don't understand any of the specifications & will completely rely on your recommendations...

Going by separates (Motherboard + Processor + graphics card) as you suggested, will i get my required features from my budget of 15K (or) should i spend a lil more...If it is worth spending lil more, i am ready to shell out an extra 5K.

Can you please specify the brand & model if you are able to recollect for motherboard + processor + graphics card... I will check with my nearest computer dealer and update

Plz recommend a CPU only for 15K ...

Wait!! You are offering 15K to anybody who give the best recommendation for a cpu mobo? :eek: Darn! Why didn't I see this before? :licklips:

Actually any AMD quad core cpu with a mobo that has a 16x pci-e slot and ddr3 1333mhz ram will do for gaming. See I have not only given you a recommendation but also choice. :licklips:

--G0bble

Intel G620 - 3500
Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 - 2700
PowerColor RADEON HD6670 1GB GDDR3 - 4800
WD 250 GB Blue - 3500
4 GB DDR3, 1333 Mhz - 900
Corsair Builder Series VS 450 Power Supply - 2346
Any generic cabinet - 1000

This is the bare minimum you need for full HD gaming at playable frame rates. Still crosses 20K

Replied ... if you want you can share the PM for others to have a look as well....

Sure sam9s, I will share...

I would like to have a little bit of more information to reach a conclusion. Surfing NET is no big deal, but games it a huge field .... there are games from Mario Pac MAN to Call of Duty MW 4. So I atleast need to know what level of gaming you want and how high should be the quality (by quality I mean resolution like 1080p of more and rendering quality ....) based on that only your one major component would change and that would be the GPU.

By going through the thread I think I can assume that you are not a high end gamer, and like to play mid level games, something like NFS, Max payne 1, or call of duty 1,2 ...... if that is the case this is how I would build my PC ...

Processor :: AMD 3.3 GHz AM3 Phenom II 560
cost around 4K

Mobo :: ASUS M4A88T-M
Cost around 4K

RAM :: 4GB Corsair value select
Cost around 1200

GPU :: Either AMD HD 5670 or nVidia Zotac GT520
Cost both between 3500 and 4000

HDD :: 320 GB segate
Cost around 3500

PSU :: Corsair VS450 450 Watts
Cost around 2500

Wireless keyboard mouse combo around 2000

Total ... ====== 17200.

This would be a decent system for playing almost all current gen games on 19-22" monitor on full HD 1080p resolution with all eye candy turned to medium. If you need to increase your gaming display quality ..... you can choose a better GPU. Rest can remain the same.

Regards
Sammy.

Thanx for the inputs...

I will take down all the specifications & check with my nearest computer peripherals retailer & update the prices in few days....

Remember - *Always* buy ram in pairs. I.e instead of 1 4gb stick buy 2 x 2 GB.

--G0bble

^^ err I would not recommend that, coz that blocks the upgrade path .... with one stick, you always have slots available for upgrade, else with two 2x2GB if you want to upgrade to say 16 GB you would have no option except to forfeit your sticks

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back