Plz suggest: Biggest screen size, most VFM, best 2D HD PQ TV

rockstar1630

The title says it all. Which is the biggest screen size (50" and above) with the best 2d (1080p) PQ tv (ok with plasma, led, lcd) which is available in the market and at what price. The tv will be used for blu ray playback and with HD DTH connection. No 3d or smart tv gimmicks required.
Budget spread: 40k - 1 L. (Thats the max I can go, may be 10% more but nothing more than that).
Am based in Gurgaon. The larger, the better.

Just now my cousin booked sony 750. We compared with sammy 8 , lg 6700.
We closed the deal for 55 inch at 118500 rs at bajaj electronics.hx850 was quoted for 187000 for 55inch. Way beyond my cousin's budget.
Tested with tata sky hd and sd.
Rocksolid motion and almost zero picture noise during motion. Natural picture compared to the others. HX850 had deeper blacks though.

x series or xt series pana plasma...50 inchers...54k...if x...63k...if xt...
sammy 490 series....43 incher was 42k....50 incher will be i think within 60k...

you asked for most vfm...so i suggested...although pq is superb(realll superb)....plasma needs some speacial tlc....pls read a little before buy..

x series or xt series pana plasma...50 inchers...54k...if x...63k...if xt...
sammy 490 series....43 incher was 42k....50 incher will be i think within 60k...

you asked for most vfm...so i suggested...although pq is superb(realll superb)....plasma needs some speacial tlc....pls read a little before buy..

Thanks. I already have a 50VT20D Pana!

great you are already a plsma owner....that too VT...hehe...
you understand then...what a plasma can offer...

just before one month there was abrand new sammy 5500 br player worth 10k was free with a pana plasma purchase...check your local store has the offer still on or not...

great you are already a plsma owner....that too VT...hehe...
you understand then...what a plasma can offer...

just before one month there was abrand new sammy 5500 br player worth 10k was free with a pana plasma purchase...check your local store has the offer still on or not...

Oh.. that would be great! (Pana offer) I have been living according to the plasma since last 1.5 years :lol:

sorry with sammy plasma...sammy br player free,....sorry for the typo

just off topic..as you already own a tv..why not buy a dedicated projector for blu ray/movie view...
fantastic pjs can be bought with 50k to 1L range...many models are there..
example..epson 6100 fhd...optoma hd 20 fhd...epson 550(49k only) 720p...

Last edited:
sorry with sammy plasma...sammy br player free,....sorry for the typo

just off topic..as you already own a tv..why not buy a dedicated projector for blu ray/movie view...
fantastic pjs can be bought with 50k to 1L range...many models are there..
example..epson 6100 fhd...optoma hd 20 fhd...epson 550(49k only) 720p...

Actually I need that TV for my other home in hometown. Though would be going in for a dedicated projector soon (high end as am particular about black levels)

VT20D serves me in Gurgaon.

okkk great..
if you are a plasma owner and lover(may i presume:D)...you must go for dlp pjs rather than 3 lcds...however thats a diff topic..
14075506.jpg

btw how is the black level.....??answer neutrally...

Really can't comment on the black levels brother, as am viewing the image on my crappy 14" laptop running at 1366*768 resolution with inaccurate color reproduction. Details seems very low, black level seems better than entry level PJs (but this is just based on how the image is being reproduced on my screen, I might be entirely wrong).
May be you can upload a high res image.

Back to the topic:
How's LG 60" plasma? Does it fit my requirements?

Really can't comment on the black levels brother, as am viewing the image on my crappy 14" laptop running at 1366*768 resolution with inaccurate color reproduction. Details seems very low, black level seems better than entry level PJs (but this is just based on how the image is being reproduced on my screen, I might be entirely wrong).
May be you can upload a high res image.

Back to the topic:
How's LG 60" plasma? Does it fit my requirements?

As far as I know, LG is least known for Plasmas though they have very good LCD versions. I need to admit that I haven't witnessed how LG plasmas performed. From the reviews I have seen so far, LG plasmas are not so immpressive as competitors do. Probably LG plasma owners can correct me if I am wrong. For Plasmas, you can go for either Samsung or Panasonic. Samsung plasma is equally good as the one from Panasonic. Samsung might be even better than Panasonic this year (who knows what Samsung can do).
Please refer these links below for Samsung models:-

http://www.hifivision.com/television/34722-samsung-2013-plasma-tvs.html

http://www.hifivision.com/television/42986-owner-samsung-ps43f4900-f-series-plasma-tv.html

As far as Panasonic goes, you need to wait and watch till May or June. So you can either go for Samsung right now or wait for another couple of months to have more options between Samsung and Panasonic.

Last edited:
Best VFM TV?

1. No doubt it is 50ST50. Not saying because I am the owner but because CNET also says so. It is priced around 95K. The only BEEEEEG problem - not available anywhere.
2. The second best option would be 50GT50. Slightly more expensive (by 8~10K), it is even better than ST50 on paper but comes second because of higher price and ST50 can match GT50 with proper calibration. Once again, availability is a big question mark.
3. The third best is a tie between 50UT50 and 46HX850. This may surprise and irk some Sony fans but my logic is that while HX850 is ahead in terms of PQ, etc., its much higher price and 4" smaller size drags it down. But HX850 will be replaced soon and it is better to wait for new Sony models.

Well if you want big one with a VFM (per inch wise), I think 60" LG plasma for 99K is the best option (full HD, no 3D).. ezone is offering the same now. I think others will also have similar pricing. Ther's a SHARP 60" available just over a lac or so (same full HD, no 3D).

Best price vs performance..............can't beat PLASMA!!!

depending on budget pick from Panasonic or Samsung. Samsung has just launched their 2013 line up and Panasonic soon to follow next month. Would make sense to pick up something latest.

However, from the current plasma tv's ST50 definitely stands out, if you have the budget. UT, ST, GT all are excellent choices.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back