PM8006 vs PM6007 for Concept 40s

Gfreeman

I am closing out a pair of Concept 40s for a good deal but need to decide on an amp. Wondering if anyone's gotten a chance to compare both amps driving concept 40s. Is there a difference in sound signature? Heard that the 8006 is warmer. Not sure if i necessarily like too much of that. Auditioning the 40s with both amps might just be a headache unless fellow forum members know a place, where i can, definitely
I have auditioned them with PM6007 and liked the pairing. However, considering that the 8006 can serve as a power amp to drive fronts in a future HT setup after I get a pre-outs AVR and that it can be further used to connect a power amp ....it might be the preferred route

A side question. Is there a possibility of a reduction from online listed prices especially when it comes to electronics such as Integrateds and AVRs?

TIA

A side question. Is there a possibility of a reduction from online listed prices especially when it comes to electronics such as Integrateds and AVRs?

TIA
There is s difference for sure. I am wondering about this question since you are asking from Bengalore. There is more options/demos/discounts compare to any city in south India.

There is s difference for sure. I am wondering about this question since you are asking from Bengalore. There is more options/demos/discounts compare to any city in south India.
It is still difficult to demo a combination of systems. Out of the 5 dealers that i spoke with only 2 had the concept 40s on demo. Both places did not have the 8006 but only the 6007 and that certainly sounded good. So far, personally, dealers in Mumbai seemed to offer better discounts on Q acoustics and Dali and that too without any haggling. Could be wrong here as i may not have bargained enough with local dealers

I am closing out a pair of Concept 40s for a good deal but need to decide on an amp. Wondering if anyone's gotten a chance to compare both amps driving concept 40s. Is there a difference in sound signature? Heard that the 8006 is warmer. Not sure if i necessarily like too much of that. Auditioning the 40s with both amps might just be a headache unless fellow forum members know a place, where i can, definitely
I have auditioned them with PM6007 and liked the pairing. However, considering that the 8006 can serve as a power amp to drive fronts in a future HT setup after I get a pre-outs AVR and that it can be further used to connect a power amp ....it might be the preferred route

TIA
I have had 6005 and 8006. 8006 is more neutral than 600X series. Driven all kinds of speakers including QA 3020i.
The 8006 is head and shoulders above 600X. Only thing the 600X has extra is the inbuilt DAC. If you don't need that, then don't even waste your time comparing.
At present price in Hifimart.com, it's cheapest in the world and a no brainer. Buy it before it runs out of stock.

It is still difficult to demo a combination of systems. Out of the 5 dealers that i spoke with only 2 had the concept 40s on demo. Both places did not have the 8006 but only the 6007 and that certainly sounded good. So far, personally, dealers in Mumbai seemed to offer better discounts on Q acoustics and Dali and that too without any haggling. Could be wrong here as i may not have bargained enough with local dealers
I hope some FM's have that combination. You can try to get a demo/opinion, if you want that exact combination in Bengalore. Hifimart offers a good discount on Marantz Stereo Amps. How much your dealer offered for concept40?

I have had 6005 and 8006. 8006 is more neutral than 600X series. Driven all kinds of speakers including QA 3020i.
The 8006 is head and shoulders above 600X. Only thing the 600X has extra is the inbuilt DAC. If you don't need that, then don't even waste your time comparing.
At present price in Hifimart.com, it's cheapest in the world and a no brainer. Buy it before it runs out of stock.
Just wondering if the concept 40s are considered more laidback than the 3000s wouldn't it be a case of too much warmth. If you could elaborate the differences that you had observed that'd be fab!

Another update. I am back to scouting for deals on the speakers themselves after the dealer was informed by the supplier that the stocks available were for the 3000s :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back