Center - TSx 250C
Subwoofer - Pro 660

#2 - Dali
AVR - Denon X1200W
Floorstanding - Zensor 5
Bookshelf - Zensor 1
Center - Vokal
Subwoofer - Dali E9F / Impact 10

Now, from what I have gauged by reading on this forum, Dali is recommended to be better than Polk.

That being said, the Polk selection above has bigger drivers across most of the speakers selected, as compared to the Dali. The Polk setup will also be approx 10% less expensive than Dali.

Unfortunately, the Polk speakers seem to have an striped black ash look which I find ugly.

I have an 18 x 18 room, and I plan to use the setup for listening to music, watching movies and playing games.

Unfortunately, my sense of hearing hasn't yet evolved to a stage where I'm able to discern the nuances in audio, hence would like to know which of these two setups would you recommend, and why?

Hi

From the Polks, besides the TSX series, have you heard the RTI series? If not, please audition with your kind of music and then decide...

ProFx ropes in 10-15% discount.....hear the RTI series and I feel you will be inclined towards them....Dalis too are good....all depends on what you want as the end user as you will be the one hearing it and not us...everyone is different and have different tastes...in terms of how speakers should look, some are brand conscious, some prefer performance only and some want a good balance of all.......

All the best....

Hi,

In the next 24 hours, I plan to experience the following 2 setups -

#1 - Polk
AVR - Denon X1200W
Floorstanding - TSx 440T
Bookshelf - TSx 220B
Center - TSx 250C
Subwoofer - Pro 660

#2 - Dali
AVR - Denon X1200W
Floorstanding - Zensor 5
Bookshelf - Zensor 1
Center - Vokal
Subwoofer - Dali E9F / Impact 10

Now, from what I have gauged by reading on this forum, Dali is recommended to be better than Polk.

That being said, the Polk selection above has bigger drivers across most of the speakers selected, as compared to the Dali. The Polk setup will also be approx 10% less expensive than Dali.

Unfortunately, the Polk speakers seem to have an striped black ash look which I find ugly.

I have an 18 x 18 room, and I plan to use the setup for listening to music, watching movies and playing games.

Unfortunately, my sense of hearing hasn't yet evolved to a stage where I'm able to discern the nuances in audio, hence would like to know which of these two setups would you recommend, and why?

I am also buying denon 1200 or yamaha v581, with 5.1 speakers
Let me know what approx price above speakers are...

thanks

I am also buying denon 1200 or yamaha v581, with 5.1 speakers
Let me know what approx price above speakers are...

thanks

The prices I received today from HT Store are -
72000 - Dali Zensor 7
21900 - Dali Zensor Vokal
19000 - Wharfdale 10 DFS
31000 - Velodyne Impact 10
143900 - Total
12% discount
126632 - Offer

Replacing the Dali Zensor 7 with the Dali Zensor 5, the arrangement becomes
57000 - Dali Zensor 5
21900 - Dali Zensor Vokal
19000 - Wharfdale 10 DFS
31000 - Velodyne Impact 10
128900 - Total
12% discount
113432 - Offer

I'm demoing the Polk setup tomorrow, and will share the prices offered soon.

Did you hear the Dalis? Zensor 7 sounds much better than Zensor 5. DNI Home Theatre in Bellandur has them for demo.

Overall, Dali Zensor 7 is much better than Polk in my opinion. However, Polk is a more economic option if your primary use is for watching movies.

Did you hear the Dalis? Zensor 7 sounds much better than Zensor 5. DNI Home Theatre in Bellandur has them for demo.

I had spoken to DNI Home Theatre last week over the phone, and they said they only had Focal speakers available for demos. Can you confirm that the Dali Zensor 5/7 is available for demo now, or when did you see them last at DNI?

I do use as follows and very happy about the same (changed from Onkyo Hts 5400)
Denon x3100
Dali 3,centre,surroundsfrom Onkyo(till upgrade to vokal and Dali 1) velodyne12
Enjoying both music and movie.
Polk are only for movies from my taste.

TT

I had spoken to DNI Home Theatre last week over the phone, and they said they only had Focal speakers available for demos. Can you confirm that the Dali Zensor 5/7 is available for demo now, or when did you see them last at DNI?

The best 5.1 package at those prices are either from Mission MX5 ,MX2and MXC as speakers with a sub from svs or Velodyne or a 5.1 from Q Acoustics with 3050 and gang. Dali Zensor 5 are best avoided and Zensor 7 are not a patch on the above two and severely overpriced at Rsc72k now. Z7 us basically a 45k speaker priced high because of the demand. The mission mx5 pips a B&W 684 comfortably ( Check what hi-fi) so now you know. If you are looking for Polks look at a RTiA7 they are serious value for money speakers but more suited to movies. My two paise.

I came to know that DNI is no more authorized Dali dealer. Please confirm if you are going for demo again.

I came to know that DNI is no more authorized Dali dealer. Please confirm if you are going for demo again.
Thanks for the info.
I'm not planning to go there for a Dali demo - have demoed the Dalis at HT store, J P Nagar.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

As per your room size go for Dali zensor 7. it is louder than zensor 5. But as you are planning to have subwoofer, i would suggest you to go for zensor 5 to save some amount. And invest that amount in better vokal and surroud in future. All the best.

Go for Dali if u like movies+ music Dali are best for this purpose and are more premium brand Polk is economic good option for movies but not music Dali build quality is also very premium

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back