Polk Audio RTI A5 Price Check

rmc

Hey everyone,

I'm about to purchase my first set of floor speakers to start a HT. To be honest, I listen to more music than movies, but found some used Polk Audio RTI A5 speakers for $250 for both. Seller says they are in excellent condition (I will be meeting up with him in person to check them out).

Would this be considered a steal of a price that i should hop on ASAP, or should I pass on it and wait/save up for a package deal that frys/best buys offers every now and then. Will probably buy a sub to accompany in the near future if I bought these.

Thanks in advanced for input.

Hey everyone,

I'm about to purchase my first set of floor speakers to start a HT. To be honest, I listen to more music than movies, but found some used Polk Audio RTI A5 speakers for $250 for both. Seller says they are in excellent condition (I will be meeting up with him in person to check them out).

Would this be considered a steal of a price that i should hop on ASAP, or should I pass on it and wait/save up for a package deal that frys/best buys offers every now and then. Will probably buy a sub to accompany in the near future if I bought these.

Thanks in advanced for input.

Being in the states I would say you would have/get lot more chances of good stuff at VFM prices. Did you try audiogon for deals near your area or may be craiglist? Having said that RTI A5 are good speakers both for movies as well as music looking at some of our members using them for both the purposes and happy with them. Also at $250 for a pair is a very good price for them if they are in good shape. May be hear them with your amp and then decide. Best of luck.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back