Polk Audio Vs JBL Speaker Systems

George T

Hi,

This is a future plan (2 year forward plan) but would like your suggestions and advice for a MAX Rs 110K 5.1 Speaker system that I have sort of short listed
If you have a better suggestion, a "better value for money" suggestion I am all ears

I have a 2001 model Harman/ Kardon AVR 3500 Amp in good condition that I will be using to hook these up.
Specs of the AVR
40 Watt - 8 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.07% - 2 channel(s) ( front )
40 Watt - 8 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.07% - 1 channel(s) ( center )
40 Watt - 8 Ohm - 20 - 20000 Hz - THD 0.07% - 2 channel(s) ( rear )

Option A
Polk Audio
1) Center: CSiA6
2) Front Pair: RTiA1
3) Surround Pair: FXiA4
4) Sub Woofer : DSW PRO550

Option B
JBL
1) Center: Studio 235C
2) Front Pair: E310
3) Surround Pair: Studio 210
4) Sub Woofer : SUB 260P

which of these or mix and match or something else?

Thank You

Ok. Went for the Polk Audio: TSX Series: 220B for Fronts, 110B for Surrounds, 250C for Center and the DSW PRO660Wi for the S/W. Purchased from PROFX Kochi.

Good choice of speakers. How is it pairing with HK AVR?

Actually I just bought it, after having a very good demo at the dealer's showroom. I plan to hook it up a little later with the HK AVR and then probably migrate to the ONKYO TX-NR 828 depending on how it fits in as a whole HT together with the Samsung PN51F8500 Plasma HDTV.

Okay so do it and let us know your experience. BTW it doesn't matter which TV you are using. It is irrelevant to audio setup.

Oh I know, But for me the screen size, room size and sound have a relationship :) that's just me

Actually I just bought it, after having a very good demo at the dealer's showroom. I plan to hook it up a little later with the HK AVR and then probably migrate to the ONKYO TX-NR 828 depending on how it fits in as a whole HT together with the Samsung PN51F8500 Plasma HDTV.

Hello George,

I am looking for Polk DSW 660wi Can you please share your review and advice on the sub Pls.

Thanks

Truth be told, I have yet to set up my system , but will do so by the end of this month. My listening experience thus far has been at the PROFX kochi showroom demo, which was impressive to my ears. tight and crisp bass. Do have a demo. :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back