Polk RTIA1 vs Elac Debut B5.2

DanTho

Hi,

I have a decent receiver capable of delivering both Polk and Elac. But I am confused between them.

I look forward to building my theatre progressively. As to start with I would listen to music and movies of the following categories.
1. Qawwali, Ghazals, Jazz, Lullaby
2. Drama, Documentary, Travel

None of these intend to have Bass. I need crystal clear tonal influence. I should be able to hear the phonics (.i.e. the 'spssssss' at the end of a word).

I had auditioned Elac and I loved it. Reviews gave me a warm feeling about Polk too.

Which speaker between Polk and Elac do you think would suit my purpose better? Are there other recommendations?

Last edited:
Hi,

I have a decent receiver capable of delivering both Polk and Elac. But I am confused between them.

I look forward to building my theatre progressively. As to start with I would listen to music and movies of the following categories.

None of these intend to have Bass. I need crystal clear tonal influence. I should be able to hear the phonics (.i.e. the 'spssssss' at the end of a word).

I had auditioned Elac and I loved it. Reviews gave me a warm feeling about Polk too.

Which speaker between Polk and Elac do you think would suit my purpose better? Are there other recommendations?
None has replied yet?

Hi

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Both speakers are equally good. Which receiver are you using?

If you have already auditioned the Elacs and like them....go for it.....Polk RTiA series is available with ProFx. Visit and ProFx stores and audition the same.

If I were you, I would compare the specs and check all aspects in terms of price, looks, overall performance, frequencies outputted etc etc.

Hi, the Elacs are suited better for your music preference and have in general gained lot of praise. I also liked them when I heard the prev version at a friend's place. Since you are yet to audition Polk's and given their reputation as HT oriented speakers better avoid unless you audition them.

However if you are open for more options why can't you consider the Castle Knight 2s. They are available at a bargain price from Hifimart and are extremely good. Fantastic for vocals. I bought a pair last week and am thoroughly impressed. I also listen to Ghazals and Classical mostly and they are the best I ever had. But pl note that they are large and may suit larger rooms.

Just noticed your note on the phonics and am editing my post. The CK2s will surely have an edge. But they are almost impossible to audition. I never found them anywhere else apart from Hifimart. Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited:
Hi, the Elacs are suited better for your music preference and have in general gained lot of praise. I also liked them when I heard the prev version at a friend's place. Since you are yet to audition Polk's and given their reputation as HT oriented speakers better avoid unless you audition them.

However if you are open for more options why can't you consider the Castle Knight 2s. They are available at a bargain price from Hifimart and are extremely good. Fantastic for vocals. I bought a pair last week and am thoroughly impressed. I also listen to Ghazals and Classical mostly and they are the best I ever had. But pl note that they are large and may suit larger rooms.

Just noticed your note on the phonics and am editing my post. The CK2s will surely have an edge. But they are almost impossible to audition. I never found them anywhere else apart from Hifimart. Good luck and keep us posted.
I searched for CK2s, but couldn't find a place to audition. Yes, as you said. Later and slowly, I would expand my 2.0 to 5.1(hopefully). In order to fetch the tonal balance, I should ideally buy the speakers of the same brand (IOW, leaving me with no choices to audition the rest of the speakers, if I invest in CK)

You loved it.
Go for it.
Simple :)
Surely you can't go wrong with something you loved :):)
Elac has several options for centre and surrounds. Even subwoofers.

Hi,

Both the Polk Legend series & Elac Debut Reference series have been highly regarded at CEDIA 2019. Apparently the Elac bookshelf reference DBR62 by Andrew Jones have been highly praised & should be available soon at a reasonable price of $500.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back