Polk RTiA5 or TAGA Harmony Platinum F-120?

nitinsanand

Hi,

I am unable to decide between the Polk RTiA5 and the TAGA Harmony F-120 floor standers. The AVR is a Denon AVR-X1200. Prefer a sound that is not too harsh on the highs, with clear mid and lows, punchy bass too. Requesting the experts to help me out!!

Unable to decide post that....this is after auditioning various options in the same, lower and higher budgets. More confused at this point, which is why the dilemma!!

Usage would be 50-50 for music-movies, room size 14x12.
auditioned the Polk RtiA5 again, with a Denon AVR-X2200, pretty impressive for the price range. Tried both flac music and movies on blu ray, almost zeroed on the Polk.

Usage would be 50-50 for music-movies, room size 14x12.
auditioned the Polk RtiA5 again, with a Denon AVR-X2200, pretty impressive for the price range. Tried both flac music and movies on blu ray, almost zeroed on the Polk.

Hi, I have Polk RTi A7. Very happy. If budget permits go for A7. Good luck.

Heard the RtiA7 too, but the Denon AVR-X2200 wasn't able to drive it to its full potential...the A5 was coupling better with the X2200....Budget on the A7 alone isn't a problem, but if I go for it, the X2200 should be upgraded too....that would be pushing the budget:sad:

A techinical point, perhaps someone could clarify. The Polk RTi series have sensitivity ratings of 89 dB while the TSX series, hv a ratings ( not all but most) 90dB. The RTis most likely hv better acoustic performance curves but the TSX may be better for lower muscle amps AVRs like the Denon 2200. ?

A techinical point, perhaps someone could clarify. The Polk RTi series have sensitivity ratings of 89 dB while the TSX series, hv a ratings ( not all but most) 90dB. The RTis most likely hv better acoustic performance curves but the TSX may be better for lower muscle amps AVRs like the Denon 2200. ?

Technicalities apart, overall, the TSX in spite of having larger bass drivers than the RTi, are comparatively flatter than the RTi. Though the RTi need amps with more juice to really make them sing, they sound good even at low volumes and softer music.

When I auditioned the TSX 550 with a NAD 356 my first impression was that I will need a sub. Not the case with the A7. But that's my take on it.

Don't buy the Denon 1200 I just bought it 6 days ago and the amp just gave up.suddenly there was no sound from the amp. Checked all the settings,wirings,and then reset the amp but nothing happened. Called the service Center guy and he told it's a software issue . He took the amp with him and next day he told that there is a problem in hdmi board . So I just decided to give it back and am looking forward to buy marantz sr5010

@SwaroopKS-sure anytime, pm me and we could plan.

@Raja74-sorry, didn't quite understand what u meant, if the post was for me....

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back