Portable Bluetooth speaker

Ghostrider

Any one is using and personal review on
UE Boom speakers as compared to Bose sound link or other JBl series

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't heard UE but read some very nice reviews of Jam BT speaker in the latest What HiFi issue. It was slightly cheaper than UE at around 8k. What HiFi does rate UE also very highly.

I am not fan of Bose's mids so never bothered with auditioning SoundLink.

Haven't heard UE but read some very nice reviews of Jam BT speaker in the latest What HiFi issue. It was slightly cheaper than UE at around 8k. What HiFi does rate UE also very highly.

I am not fan of Bose's mids so never bothered with auditioning SoundLink.

Hi,

frankly i dont follow reviews of Hifi as i feel they are higher towards specific brands and even at times there are good brands but they dont appear at all in whatshifi.

UE boom i checked online and found on top of almost all review sites but at the same time expensive too almost similar to bose price

am looking to invest once for all and go for good quality and inclined towards UE but not able to demo at any where nearby so if someone is using then good to know about it.

Tks

Agree with you on What HiFi being inclined towards certain brands (British brands can do no wrong). Same for coverage of all brands - Blumenhofer has never been reviewed at What HiFi!

However, it is still a fairly decent magazine to get a sense of what is ok to keep on your list. However, demoing will be an issue as shops would hardly keep the higher models in the brands. Demo the Bose as that should be available in all of the Bose outlets. If bass is high on your priority then JBL should be on your list as I think JBL Flip is considered to be a nice BT speaker. How about HK Go+Play speakers?

I tried jbl flip 3 and charge but somehow couldn't convinced my ears, it has more bass and at high levels sound goes harsh not clear.
I saw beats Pill + but no demo for it as everywhere it's sealed pack anyone using it ?

Have inquired about UE Boom 2 and it's available in croma gonna check there and shall post

Thanks

Sorry to say this but are we not expecting a little too much from Bluetooth speakers?
Putting that aside I recently bought Creative Muvo 2 which were available at a discount in Amazon for 5400. Very good sound at this price, a little bass heavy, can go very loud, a nice little feature is that it can pair with another Muvo 2 to create a true stereo config. I promptly ordered one more and they are wonderful performers playing through my laptop as I work. I will go so far to say the pair of them is better than the Bose Soundlink mini.

If you are looking to extract maximum out of portable Bluetooth speakers, the Dali Katch and KEF Muo are the best rated ...

My requirement is good sound at the same time portable and hence looking at builds of UE Boom, Bose mini, Jbl flip etc with budget upto 20k

My requirement is good sound at the same time portable and hence looking at builds of UE Boom, Bose mini, Jbl flip etc with budget upto 20k

having a good collection of bluetooth speaker used most of the brand u can msg me i will help in your making new purchase

Just throwing my 2c, I have the Denon Envaya Mini and it seems to satisfy my needs.
Edit: You can check out in-depth reviews by oluvsgadgets, just Google, he also has a lot of videos on YouTube comparing many portable Bluetooth speakers.

Last edited:
If you are looking to extract maximum out of portable Bluetooth speakers, the Dali Katch and KEF Muo are the best rated ...

I stopped short of recommending either of the two because of the budget. Else, agree with you that in the world of bluetooth speakers, these are amongst the best in the business. Unless you take it a step beyond and get into 6 figure speakers with wireless capabilities.

All bluetooth speakers sound different. The UE Boom was highly rated but I found it extremely disappointing. The Logitech X300 from the same company is outstanding. JBL Xtreme is over rated. I have listened to these extensively. The Bose mini sounds warm, way too warm. Lots of artificial bass. The one I have been most impressed is Marshall Stanmore and others from the stable for classic rock, should sound great with jazz as well. Marshall has a house sound which you will recognize even on their headphones(very good). Harmon Kardon model GO+PLAY caught my attention too.

Hi All,

Was able to check on UE Boom 2 and new Bose Evolve but was not able to test it together as both were at different places.

UE boom2 was good with overall sound quality and balanced treble with bass, this i compared with JBL flip which i felt had more of bass which would be good for more bass lovers.
UE build quality is too good very robust as compared with any other and its water and shock proof as per IPX7

Bose evolve was something attractive with its 360 degree sound something again adopted based on UE boom and other brands, it sounded bit louder as compared to Mini II and had good bass,
Mini II is more warm and clear sound and hence feel it is too good for indoor use but for outdoor it will lack, evolve is with single down firing driver which is producing good bass effect.
Am not looking at evolve+ due to pricing which reaches to 24k and is big to carry.

Tomorrow gonna try all these together at specific croma store and along with HK Ensquire 2

M getting below pricing

UE Boom2 - 15500/-
Bose evolve - 19900/-
Bose Mini II - 16200/-

If there is any specific song / music which can help me conclude on such small speakers then let me know.

Thanks to all
Cheers

Hi,

Finally purchased Bose Revolve, shall post pics n other by tomorrow, thanks all

All bluetooth speakers sound different. The UE Boom was highly rated but I found it extremely disappointing. The Logitech X300 from the same company is outstanding. JBL Xtreme is over rated. I have listened to these extensively. The Bose mini sounds warm, way too warm. Lots of artificial bass. The one I have been most impressed is Marshall Stanmore and others from the stable for classic rock, should sound great with jazz as well. Marshall has a house sound which you will recognize even on their headphones(very good). Harmon Kardon model GO+PLAY caught my attention too.

Recently audition UE Boom Roll 2 & UE Boom2,
extremely disappointed, Checked a Sony (model name forgotten) costing ~6.7K that outperformed both, in terms of quality of sound & loudness.

Wirecutter has rated Roll 2 is the best ... :lol: The Best Portable Bluetooth Speaker | The Wirecutter

Wirecutter ( don't trust them, people), failed me once again, bought 1 product as their"best- recommended" that failed miserably as well. and now UE Roll 2.

In my demo session even SoundBot & Zook outperformed UE Roll 2.

im planing to got for Logitech X300, but its unable to to audition anywhere, as logitech is trying herd to push UE in market.

Recently audition UE Boom Roll 2 & UE Boom2,
extremely disappointed, Checked a Sony (model name forgotten) costing ~6.7K that outperformed both, in terms of quality of sound & loudness.

Wirecutter has rated Roll 2 is the best ... :lol: The Best Portable Bluetooth Speaker | The Wirecutter

Wirecutter ( don't trust them, people), failed me once again, bought 1 product as their"best- recommended" that failed miserably as well. and now UE Roll 2.

In my demo session even SoundBot & Zook outperformed UE Roll 2.

im planing to got for Logitech X300, but its unable to to audition anywhere, as logitech is trying herd to push UE in market.

Get this, I introduced the X300 to a friend and now he has 3 in his circle. His music teacher is using it as a Shruti box paired with an iPhone in concerts. Sony charges a premium for everything but to be fair they make better than average products. There is a certain fullness to the X300 sound signature that is also found on the Marshall BT speakers. The Marshall speakers look bling which turn off some but they know what they are doing. OTOH X300 is much too plain and inexpensive from a brand that is not known for sound, but it is a sleeper.

Logitech traditionally always made good audio products, just that they never went bling or over the top in looks or price or hype like some of the other well known brands.

marshall has a history in live sound so it is but natural for them to make quality products. infact they are not using their heritage to milk the segment as much as they really could/should

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back