Portable Bose Soundlink Mini

Vivek Rao

Since I am regularly travelling on business I have been on the lookout for a portable bluetooth player. I gave up after some time since most of the players did not offer even a decent performance. The best was perhas only the JBL flip, which was somewhat OK. Recently however I got to hear the Bose soundlink Mini when a friend brought it along for our trip and I was quite impressed.

The unit is packaged in a Aluminium housing and due to the presence of front and back passive radiators performs exceedingly well especially in the low frequcy zone where typically we dont expect such dinky speakers to ever work. Size is just like a small pencilbox and quite easy to carry. At 16.2 K in India it is pricy...however on a recent trip to China I found that it seems to be even more expensive there in the China bose stores....

Do any of our forum members have this and can comment on it? Is it worth the money? Typically I am not fond of Bose but the performance of this model for its size really set me thinking....

Thanks.. Strangely I could not find this in my earlier google search.....
Mods : you can pl delete this additional post.

I have gone ahead and purchased this purely as a travel companion and am enjoying the music. I like Indian classical music and am really blown by the way this tiny product reproduces the tabla - especially the lower frequencies of the dagga. Due to its prowess for lower frequency reproduction and decent mods and highs it's suitable amply for classical music and soft jazz limited to what best you can get when travelling and not to replace a decent dedicated home setup. It's not a party device as it cannot produce that power for beats for Pop or rock numbers, still it is good enough for individual listening. In short I don't miss music when I am travelling anymore.

Congratulations for the purchase!

I purchased the Soundlink Mini in end of Oct.13.
Excellent Sound Quality as you described.
I enjoyed it throught my 10 days trip to Goa and nearby places.
I used my Samsung tab. for streaming the music. My liking is also classical music and old hindi film songs.

Enjoy the Soundlink Mini !!

Also please see this link http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/4...ini-today.html

One of the key reasons for the price difference in portable speakers is the support for airplay. Airplay support adds significant costs that Apple charges. Bluetooth being open standard is obviously cheaper. On the other hand, paying that additional money for airplay makes sense only if your sources are apple based.

I bought Sound Link Mini about a fortnight ago and have been listening to it almost every night and find the audio quality to be extremely good, typical Bose signature, since I also have their Wave player.

Compared to JBL wireless speakers, this is miles ahead as I have heard almost all their popular range. It is expensive, but the looks, ease of use like charging cradle, Bluetooth connectivity are all really great. I, for one am a very happy owner!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back