Post good DIY kit deals here:-

spirovious

Hi,

I started this thread to post DIY kits available online which may be helpful.
There are many members who can also input their thoughts about these kits.
So to begin with-

Assembled WM8741 DAC Board CS8421 Up-Sampling -Support Coaxial optical USB input for $115 + 19.99
Assembled WM8741 DAC Board CS8421 Up-Sampling -Support Coaxial optical USB input | eBay

140 Classic NAIM CLONE mono Audio power amplifier kit for $22.00+12.00-
140 Classic NAIM CLONE mono Audio power amplifier kit | eBay

QUAD405 Audio power amplifier kit two-channel 2pc board for $38+12-
QUAD405 Audio power amplifier kit two-channel 2pc board | eBay

Thanks.

I have made these so far:

Overnight sensations, small and simple speakers, I used 1/5" plywood for the box. no need to flush mount. Great general purpose speakers, did well even with lousy quality 128kbps mp3s also. can be easily moved here and there. good for small rooms, with amp like topping. Also has a MTM and center channel version.
Overnight Sensation Kit /Pr

Jeff bagby's continuums. His designs are being used by salk sound. this one is also available fully built at salksound for 1200$. Based on the ls3/5a or harbeth ps3esr, as per the designer, compares favourably to the original:). Very good sound quality, very impressed with the tonality of the instruments and vocals. Small sealed box. can be used with small amps like topping. I am yet to try with better electronics.
Continuum, Pr

In the process of making these:
ER18MTM Dome
By the salk sound design team. paul k and dennis murphy. Between songtower and ht2tl in terms of sq and driver prices.

BTW I didnt purchase any of these kits, when I purchased, kits were not available for any of these.

There is also swope, speedster, mendolin and piccolo kits on meniscus.

Parts express has the usher kits.

Bamberg audio has some good kits. So does madisound like resdiscovery kit, zaph's kits on madisound.

I have assembled the naim clone but am currently searching for some good heats inks that will fit my enclosure.

Peter Daniels offers a whole raft of them through diyaudio, though his Audiosector site doesnt offer kits.

Zalytron offers speaker kits.

Transcendent Sound offers pre and power amp kits-very good ones.

I have made these so far:

Overnight sensations, small and simple speakers, I used 1/5" plywood for the box. no need to flush mount. Great general purpose speakers, did well even with lousy quality 128kbps mp3s also. can be easily moved here and there. good for small rooms, with amp like topping. Also has a MTM and center channel version.
Overnight Sensation Kit /Pr

How does this sound?

hmmm there is lot of DIY stuff to be discussed. As we were talking in the other thread, there are many levels and fields of DIY.

Electronics - AMPs/ DAC/ Pre/ Phono
Speaker building - Level 1 - assembling kits/ woodworking
Speaker building - Level 2 - designing cabinet/ crossover
Speaker building - Level 3 - designing drivers.

Shall we create two threads - one for deals on electronics kits and another for speaker kits?

Speaker building can be individual & detailed thread.It need dedication.
Here we can post some great kits & short discussion like the kit is real good or any cons of it.

How about the full balanced DAC from Spencer - Store | FET Audio
Could also be built in phases, single end + balanced upgrade, it uses TI PCM1794A DAC chip.

How does this sound?

for the price, it cant be beat. Sounds really good, general purpose speakers. very good for rock, classic rock, bollywood etc, has limitations in classical etc. has a very decent amount of bass, goes close to 40-45hz, only a 4" driver, so that has its limits. not fussy about the recording quality. Perfect for a lot of situations.

CLONE Musical Fidelity X-A50 Mono Power amplifier board for $35.00 + 12-
CLONE Musical Fidelity X-A50 Mono Power amplifier board | eBay

NEW LM3886 x 2 Mono Audio Power Amplifier Board 100W Parallel for $53 +10-
NEW LM3886 x 2 Mono Audio Power Amplifier Board 100W Parallel | eBay
info LM3886-
LM3886 - High-Performance 68W Audio Power Amplifier with Mute

Assembled L20 Audio Power Amplifier Board x 2pcs 350W+350W With Heatsink for $72.99 +20-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Assembled-L...871?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cb073dff

2 X 125Watt Class D Audio Amplifier Board - IRS2092 for $45.90-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-X-125Watt...768?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5892841150

Class A KSA50 150W Mono Amplifier Board(like Krell) for $48.99 +15-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DIY-Cla...882?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ca798c9a

Last edited:
Last edited:
He is very reliable seller.I buy matched JFETs for B1 from him.

Regards,
Sachin
Yes Sachin, I have also formed the same opinion about him, during the matched JFET ordering.
It would be really interesting to know how would this DAC fare against the branded one's (CA-DM, MF-V, Caiman etc.) in the similar price range.
Can someone help in technically assessing this DAC?

Thanks,
-Sann

How about the full balanced DAC from Spencer - Store | FET Audio
Could also be built in phases, single end + balanced upgrade, it uses TI PCM1794A DAC chip.

Similar product-
K & K Audio - Lundahl Transformers, audio DIY kits and more
A 1794 based dac with the choice of a passive or active output stage
PCM1794 vs. PCM1798 in the real world? - diyAudio

Full Assembled Kit-Lampucera CS8416+PCM1798 24Bit/192KHz DAC Stereo Decoder-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Assemb...873?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1420fcf1

NOS DAC AD 1865 kit the same DAC is used by Audionote UK for their DAC kits and considered to be the best NOS DAC by Lampizator also,this kit designed by Andrea of audiodesignguide Italy

Quanghao.com

Mekr

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back