No matter what amp I throw at my PSBs (300w at 4 ohms, occasional dip to 2 ohms) it feels like craves for more power. The only set of amps which could power it and give it good headroom were the Crowns XLS series amp and the Outlaw Audio amps.
I have been looking out for a NAD class AB amp because I have never tried this with the PSBs (PSB and NAD are sister companies)
I had auditioned the speaker with NAD Masters Class D amps however and it sounded good. If anyone is parting with any NAD power amps or the high powered amps(C275, C375BEE etc..) I would love to give it a try or anything which sounds a little warm too.
Edit: I have tried the Aksa amps and I love the sound. If anyone is parting with the high powered Aksa/Aspen amps, I would be considering that too!
P.S: The PSBs are very detailed sounding and that aspect is stunning! But I tend to listen at higher volumes for quite some time so I would prefer something warm sounding as well. I would appreciate if I could audition a couple of amps with my setup as well.
As always, it's been amazing to be a part of this forum.
Wishing you all a happy new year, cheers!
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.