Power Banks for mobile phone

tarzan

Hi all...
I would like have some recommendations for a good power bank ..

My family uses three mobile phones and two tablets a lot ...
so a high power bank would be requred ..

thanks a lot in advance

with best wishes

I bought a Mi 10400 mah power bank recently. So far so good. It charges my MI3 at the same rate as a wall adapter would. The build quality too is commendable. Not sure about its long term reliability. One issue is that it can charge only one device at a time. If you decide to get this one, buy from FK as almost all other sites seem to be selling its counterfeit.

Hi am using a ROMOSS 10000mAh powerbank purchased from Amazon.in good built quality and service is very good till now.

Regards,

Lifewater

I too have Mi 10400 powerbank which is available for Rs. 999 on online retail sites. It works with all my devices, it even powers my Raspberry Pi.

Last edited:
@tarzan
There are lot many in the market now-a-days!

If you plan to buy a 2 (or more) port - you may want to note the following:
1. You can charge the mobile phones. If you want to charge a tablet, you need to check before you buy. Most of the time, the USB port will be rated at 1A output.
This 1A output may not be sufficient for your tablet. If there are 2 ports, then the second one should be higher like 2.1A or so. This can be used for charging your tab. [1A for mobiles and 2A for tablets - are normal] (The other way is to check what A is used for tablet to be charged and then buy that required powerbank!!)
2. See what type of cell is used in the powerbank. An example. If sanyo is used, we are sure of it. Sanyo is known for eneloop rechargeables and is good. Similary you may want to check for other brands which are good and take the call.
3. As @santy mentioned - we are not sure of long term reliability though on not-so-famous powerbanks in the market!!! (Read cheap!!)
4. A powerbank with 10000mAh will not deliver that much. You would need to take on 70% of that capacity due to heat generated and voltage conversion. So that's effectively 7000mAh. So you need to keep that in mind.
5. If a power bank has more than one output then the maximum total output capacity is the key.

I got an Aukey 10,000 mah from Amazon.com and another OLALA 20,000 mah and both work well.

Aukey is good, both in performance and looks, I have their USB 3.0 hubs, Luna wireless charger for my Nexus and also a travel router with battery... and none of them have failed me. Unfortunately though not available in Amazon.in.

I have a friend using the Mi power bank and he is happy with it. Ditto for the Motorola power bank.

Do note they don't charge fast... if its quick charging then a USB "dumb" charging cable via PC or laptop or a 2.1 Amp wall socket charger are better options. The power banks are better suited for idle charging when travelling in cars or airport lounges.

Here are some good power banks for mobilephones:

1. Xiaomi 10,400 mAh power Bank
2. Cheero 12000 mAh Battery Bank
3. TYLT PowerPlant
4. Ambrane P1040
5. Lenovo PA 10400

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back