Power calculation for home theatre

wrongElk

Hi Guys,

After a long 5 year stint in US, I am finally back in India. I shipped my home theater to India & yesterday received everything safe & sound. As the title indicates, I now need some expert advise in finding an appropriate voltage converter (220v to 110v) for my setup. Appreciate any help.

Following are the components in my system.

A/V Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR646
From the spec sheet, I got following info for the receiver.
Power Consumption
6.4 A (North American and Taiwanese)
630 W (Others)

So I believe a 800watts (6.4A x 120V = 768W) voltage converter should be sufficient for driving my receiver.

Sub-woofer: Dayton Audio SUB-1200 12" 120 Watt
I couldn't find any details regarding the power consumption of this unit. Much appreciate any help in calculating the power consumption of this subwoofer.

Speakers: Pioneer
I have a full set of Pioneer speakers (Andrew Jones) which includes a pair of FS52, BS22, C22, T22A. Not sure whether the speakers will come in to power calculation as they are not active speakers.

Depending on your response, I need to buy a good quality voltage converter. Also it would be really helpful if you can point me to some good quality voltage converters. Currently I have my eyes on Maxine 1500Watts Voltage Converter but not sure whether this is an overkill for my system.

Speakers: Pioneer
I have a full set of Pioneer speakers (Andrew Jones) which includes a pair of FS52, BS22, C22, T22A. Not sure whether the speakers will come in to power calculation as they are not active speakers.
This should not require any voltage converter as it is been powered through your AVR

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back