Power consumption using HDMI Pass Through on AMP

travel_living

Hi All.

I have below Connection
Airtel DTH - Connected to Onkyo 3400 & Samsung 40F64000 TV is connected to Amp.

If i want Dolby Output . I use Amp .
most of time If i want only Video via HDMI .. i switch off Amp .. and it use HDMI pass through only for Video ..(I use direct speaker connected to DTH box for audio)
Q - How much it (Amp) consume power for only HDMI pass though ?

I though of buying HDMI Splitter .(One Input and 2 output) .

Any idea.

Connect the hdmi out of airtel dth directly to tv and optical out of airtel dth to amp. This way you don't need to keep the amp always on while watching tv

Another option is that connect STB to TV directly without any direct connection to AVR and let AVR be connected to TV (another HDMI port). This way there is direct connection between STB and TV. When you need Dolby output from AVR select the TV option from AVR which will pull down the audio from TV using ARC capability and play via AVR.

Connect the hdmi out of airtel dth directly to tv and optical out of airtel dth to amp. This way you don't need to keep the amp always on while watching tv

Well i can't do .. My AVR has 2 Toslink Digital input and both are engaged.
1. Connected Media Player - wdtv
2. Connected my TV Digital Output to AVR input

Another option is that connect STB to TV directly without any direct connection to AVR and let AVR be connected to TV (another HDMI port). This way there is direct connection between STB and TV. When you need Dolby output from AVR select the TV option from AVR which will pull down the audio from TV using ARC capability and play via AVR.

I did this way but audio doesn't pass for HD channel via AVR automatically. I need to go AVR menu/DTH Setting to change audio type

Connection Setup was -
1. DTH HDMI Output Connected to HDMI-IN @ TV
2. TV Optical Output Connected to AVR Optical IN
I hear audio on all channel except HD one. If i select Dolby in SPDIF in DTH Box setting. If change to stero it passes.
However I can hear audio on RC cable (Conneted my Speaker Directly to DTH).

I think HDMI pass through is good option ..
else Splitter will work for me ..

Why do you want to connect TV out to AVR? Why not take optical out from STB and connect to AVR? If you are thinking of any other source of audio to your TV, you can always connect it to AVR instead.

Why do you want to connect TV out to AVR? Why not take optical out from STB and connect to AVR? If you are thinking of any other source of audio to your TV, you can always connect it to AVR instead.

Mate i answered this .. My both Optical input are engaged already :) 1 From TV another from WDTV.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back