Power Converter for Yamaha RXV-663

rav3011

I have bought Yamaha RXV 663 from US supports 120 VOLTS power supply.
On the back of the receiver it is written that it takes 100Watt power input and output is 663 Watts.
I am having a power converter (120 to 240 Volts) of capacity 250 Watts which should run fine with my A/V as input watts are only 100Watts and I am running it from last 6 months it is working fine as well.

But some days back someone told me that I need a powerful converter of 1KVA as my output is 663 Watt. Not having enough knowledge of electric subject I am really scared these days as I dont want my A/V to get damage due to wrong power supply.

Can anyone suggest if 250 Watt power converter is enough for me or I should buy 1KVA power converter?

for normal lisning levels its ok to have 250 watts converter, and also all the 7 amplifiers of the AVR will never be outputing 95Watt at any point of time, simultaneously. Theortically it is advisable to go for 1KM converter.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back