Price of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Speakers?

Audio Slave

Price of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 Speakers?

What is the lowest price at which anyone has recently bought a pair of these speakers (new and packed) in India? Please indicate price, source and share your opinion about these speakers.

Also please share similar information about Monitor Audio Bronze BX2.

Thnaks.

Wharfedale 9.1 s are good but its better to go for the 9.2 ss... 9.1 s shoud be around 12000 Rs... Well Wharfedales are speakers with a warm sound while Monitor aurio s are comparitively brighter to the Wharfedales...

Wharfedale 9.1 s are good but its better to go for the 9.2 ss... 9.1 s shoud be around 12000 Rs... Well Wharfedales are speakers with a warm sound while Monitor aurio s are comparitively brighter to the Wharfedales...

Thanks. I agree there would be many better speakers in the market but in terms of value for money and the quality of build Diamond 9.1 are perhaps hard to beat looking at their very low price. In UK these are now being sold for just 100.00 = Rs.7200.

Monitor Audio Bronze BX2s are great speakers and definitely better than Diamond 9.1s but are much more costlier - more than double the price of 9.1s.

audio slave,

better to look in existing threads for your answers rather than start a new thread.

Dig and you will find what you are looking for..

regards,
mpw

audio slave,

better to look in existing threads for your answers rather than start a new thread.

Dig and you will find what you are looking for..

regards,
mpw

mpw Sir

Thank you for your very useful tip. My I submit that I also know that much. However repeated search for the required information about these speakers on the forum did not yield any result. I shall be obliged (for a life time) if you could guide me to any such threads and posts.

Last edited:
If you have any friends/ family coming back from the UK and have some spare luggage allowance, you could ask them .It's available for 100 in the UK don't know whether that's cheaper than the costs in India or not

If you have any friends/ family coming back from the UK and have some spare luggage allowance, you could ask them .It's available for 100 in the UK don't know whether that's cheaper than the costs in India or not

No its not that cheaper in India, in Hifimart.com its listed for Rs.16k, may be we would get bit discount.

Anyone knows the price of these speakers in Chennai?

You can contact Grand cinema in Kodambakkam..They are the dealers for Wharfedale, Paradigm & Chennai in Chennai...

BTW i am planning to sell my Wharfedale Diamond 9.2's (Black) may be with speaker Stands...But it would take a month...PM if you are interested.....

i could see these speakers for 12k price in older posts like 2009/2010 and the price of it now in hifimart is 16k... Is it the prevailing price right now in the market or is hifimart proving to be selling at a higher price?

i could see these speakers for 12k price in older posts like 2009/2010 and the price of it now in hifimart is 16k... Is it the prevailing price right now in the market or is hifimart proving to be selling at a higher price?

Nope.. they are not selling @ higher rates.. These are the prevailing rates...The prices for all the speakers have gone up roughly 30 - 40% because of the rupee weakening against dollar....since 2009/2010....

Last edited:
I'm looking for my first hi-fi system combination(amp+speakers) in the budget within 20k.. Any suggestion? I could see many posts with Norge 2060 with wharfedale 9.1 for this budget... Thats y wanted to kno the price of 9.1! With what you say i don't think this combo will come within a price range of 20k :(

I'm looking for my first hi-fi system combination(amp+speakers) in the budget within 20k.. Any suggestion? I could see many posts with Norge 2060 with wharfedale 9.1 for this budget... Thats y wanted to kno the price of 9.1! With what you say i don't think this combo will come within a price range of 20k :(

With 20K, it is very tough to find a good speaker + Amplifier combo...

There is not so popular brand from India Astonia Audio...

Astonia audio

They have a stereo amplifier SC 300... Not sure abt price..But am sure it must be less than 10K....

It was recently reviewed by AV Max magazine....

Look for a an used speaker in 10K budget with highest sensitivity...Old Mission models will be great.. They are around 90+ db efficiency....

wharfs 9 are excellent speakers............they seem to outperform the current 10 series. Suggest to stretch your budget and get these babies :).......can't go wrong with the wharfs!!!

most ppl suggest me to get 1 or 2 yrs used speakers rather than getting new speakers and amp...guess its cos of the burn in... any idea on bose 201/301's ? Or are the wharf 9 series the best in market right now? in all the forums here atleast i could find one wharf in every post... are they really so good? :O

Every review out there finds the wharf 10.1 substantially better than the 9.1. The only problem is they need at least 1 feet of breathing space as they are rear ported. The 9.1s being front ported are relatively immune.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back