Prices of Cambridge Audio Amplifiers

corElement

Can someone fill us in on the Indian prices of the following?

Azur 650A
666_2.jpg

Azur 651A
651ArearalphaIMG_0095.jpg

Azur 740A
740A-rear.jpg

Azur 840A
840A-V2-Rear.jpg

Azur 851A
prd63702.jpg

wow the 651a is overpriced to hell just for an additional inbuilt dac (which supposedly even as good as dacmagic) and the 840a is available abroad for 900 usd and its still 70k in india.

Our markets are really yuck!

Last edited:
wow the 651a is overpriced to hell just for an additional inbuilt dac (which supposedly even as good as dacmagic) and the 840a is available abroad for 900 usd and its still 70k in india.

Our markets are really yuck!

Black Label/Chivas Regal is available for Rs 1600/1700 a litre in duty free shops.
in Mumbai it costs appx Rs 6000 / litre..

Now why complaining about audio market?????? What is more yuck???

Black Label/Chivas Regal is available for Rs 1600/1700 a litre in duty free shops.
in Mumbai it costs appx Rs 6000 / litre..

Now why complaining about audio market?????? What is more yuck???

:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: If Hemant stands for elections and wins, the first thing he would probably do is abolish the duties / excise for Alcohol

cambridge audio is updating is line up so the older models are going at a discounted price, call up your dealer and im sure he'll give you better prices than the ones in Update#3.

Hi Core,

I have been in touch with people from fxEntertainment (CR Park) and had spoken to them about the pricing and I came very close to buying the 650a. In my quest to get the prices as low as I could, he was finally giving the 550a for 20ks and the 650a for 25925.

Should you be interested, lemme know and I can pass on the fxEntertainment guy's number to you.

PS : If you decide to go for the 650a, let me tell you that there aren't any fresh pieces left in the market since you know that the 651a is out. This guy has a fresh clean piece so you can grab hold of that one.

Hi Core,

I have been in touch with people from fxEntertainment (CR Park) and had spoken to them about the pricing and I came very close to buying the 650a. In my quest to get the prices as low as I could, he was finally giving the 550a for 20ks and the 650a for 25925.

Should you be interested, lemme know and I can pass on the fxEntertainment guy's number to you.

PS : If you decide to go for the 650a, let me tell you that there aren't any fresh pieces left in the market since you know that the 651a is out. This guy has a fresh clean piece so you can grab hold of that one.

Kartick try with Denny (Bass n treble) in Dwarka.. i bought my 650A from him 7 months back @ 26K.. check whether he has any piece left.. if he has then u can bargain with him..

Yesterday sagarvikram had come over ti my house and we plugged in his CA 650A.
We drove the wharf 9.6 to insane volumes.

After a good 2-3 hours of playing with the CA
My conclusion, I have a new found respect for Cambridge Audio.the 650A .
1. Can easily drive a floorstander to insane volumes without getting stressed. It has huge power reserves
2. Very good midrange presentation. Makes you want to listen to music all day long.
3. Oodles of Bass without too much emphasis on the low freq. (Very very clean)
4. To move up the chain from the 650A. would mean spending 2-3 times more to get a noticeable difference.
5. Only short fall I can think off is that is is not as transparent as some other amps out there
6. It's one of those Amps you can think of pairing with a multitude of speakers, without worrying too much

- F l a s h -

Kartick try with Denny (Bass n treble) in Dwarka.. i bought my 650A from him 7 months back @ 26K.. check whether he has any piece left.. if he has then u can bargain with him..

Hi Vikram,

I auditioned the 650a for a couple of days and decided not to go with it as I found the signature a bit veiled. I have bought the Yamaha A-S500 and I think it was a better decision.

Last edited:

Called him us, said he stopped stocking them because CA stuff goes bad????

Is this a common problem with CA amps?

Core,

Try speaking with Mr. Nayak at fxEntertainment. They are the importers of CA products in India. I am PMing you his number. Tell him that I gave you his number. Insist on the price I told you if you are actually interested in the 650a.

I had asked him to send me the 650a as I wanted to make sure it sounds good with the space that I am going to be keeping it in. I have that piece and he shall be collecting it from me by this weekend. I can vouch that the piece is in pristine condition, no marks/flaws whatsoever. I don't think you can actually find another new 650a here in India now. No one has any stocks left.

If you want to drop by and audition the amp or check the condition of the piece, you are always welcome to check it at my place before he picks it up from me.

Cheers
Kartick

I dont think so.. i never had any problem with my Amp and i never heard about problems with CA stuff.. As far as i remember, Denny was planning to close down his dwarka shop and wanted to operate from Gurgaon only and he was willing to put hi end stuff only.. may be that's why he stopped dealing in CA..

Hi
I was in the market for a CD Player 840c a few month back and had then visited FX Entertainment in CR Park, Delhi. I was then quoted the MRP of Rs. 76K and was offered a discount of 15% on 840A Amp (same deal was being offered for CD Player 840C). It is possible the prices may have come down now that a new models have been launched. There is a nice sales guy there named Gaurav Singh.

I actually ended up getting a very well looked after 840A from Forum member Cybervinay and a blemish free 840C CD player from US (a friend had it bought for his use but he decided to let go of it as he had no immediate use for it). Total cost of the used (840A + 840C) combo to me was Rs 74.5K ....together they make a nice package.

Cheers
Viraj Singh

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have picked up...A CAMBRIDGE AUDIO 840A FROM a friends contact!

Sadly it is black but to heck with the colour!

Behold!
cambridgeaudio840av2-716-90.jpg

Am now busy enjoying it! will return soon to post comments on it!

:clapping: .... neat, classy looking piece this ........ how much were you hit for? Eagerly awaiting the commentary!

So far from what I'm noticing it's similar to the JAMO avr's sound signature in pure stereo mode but nowhere near as transparent and fast gripping.

However at the cost of 10% transparency, 20% grip and 10% vocal accuracy it has added about 25% more detail and 15% more body vs the excessively controlled Jamo AVR stereo mode.

I guess if you had to make a comparison it would be...

Jamo AVR 693 = Athlete who only knows how to manage his routine and push himself when needed.
Cambridge Audio Azur 840a = An Average man who has to take care of a family household and a general all rounder :p

I generally prefer all rounder vs crazy control.

Can answer any questions if anyone has, about it.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back