prime video app on android tv throws error "HDMI connection"

sim_tcr

My brother got a new TV,
model is NIKAI NTV3200SLED3.
Android version - 9.0
TV did not come with prime video app. So he installed it from play store. Prime video app version is 6.1.0+v14.0.0.544-arm7a.

He is able to login to prime video app and list movies.
When he play the movie, get below error,

error.JPG

he don't have anything connected to TV via HDMI
Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling prime video app.
TV is up-to-date with android updates.

Some times, the ad (which some times come before the movie) plays, however when movie starts, get above error.

Any thoughts? something to do with HDCP version?

Last edited:
My brother got a new TV,
Android version - 9.0
TV did not come with prime video app. So he installed it from play store. Prime video app version is 6.1.0+v14.0.0.544-arm7a.

View attachment 72586

Some times, the ad (which some times come before the movie) plays, however when movie starts, get above error.

Could you try any OTT streaming device like Fire TV?

Hi,
Could you try with a fire tv stick or any external TV device that streams the above service.
That would be a sure shot way to know whether the issue lies with the TV.
The other thing to check is please see if your TV software is updated to the latest version as well.

If the above doesn’t help, then try and place a service request call for the brand technician to check the same.

Hoping that one of the above solve your issue.

Cheers!

y
My brother got a new TV,
Android version - 9.0

View attachment 72586

Yes seems more like widevine error may be, if your tv doesn't support android tv os and if its mobile based android os like some chinese streaming box then highly unlikely it ll not play because ur device need widevine support to play, some apps require widevine compulsory like netflix otherwise it wont work

y

Yes seems more like widevine error may be, if your tv doesn't support android tv os and if its mobile based android os like some chinese streaming box then highly unlikely it ll not play because ur device need widevine support to play, some apps require widevine compulsory like netflix otherwise it wont work
I spoke to prime customer care, and they say this model tv does not come under amazon prime supported model.
So that might be it.

I spoke to prime customer care, and they say this model tv does not come under amazon prime supported model.
So that might be it.
Yes widevine is required which ensures movies and tv shows not being replicated, due to security purposes.
Get a firetv stick will solve your issue

I think there is an app called "DRM Info" which will tell if the tv has (or not) what version of Widevine.
I will later try this on my TV and ask him to check on his tv as well.
Not sure if it will be available on tv playstore or not.

I'm facing similar problem with Prime Video.
I was using Prime Video on Tataplay STB. It was working fine and in between I did not subscribe for maybe two year. Recently, last month I resubscribed to prime video and since then I'm facing this issue. I have changed the Hdmi cable(a non-HDMI certified cable from Fingers) and tried with different port on TV as advised by amazon but nothing worked.

Meanwhile I have changed from Tataplay STB to Mecool KM2 Android Box. But the issue persist. I have checked the DRM info on mecool km2 and did not find any discrepancy there.

I have ordered for a HDMI Certified cable from Honeywell as my last resort.

How to rectify this error?

I'm facing similar problem with Prime Video.
I was using Prime Video on Tataplay STB. It was working fine and in between I did not subscribe for maybe two year. Recently, last month I resubscribed to prime video and since then I'm facing this issue. I have changed the Hdmi cable(a non-HDMI certified cable from Fingers) and tried with different port on TV as advised by amazon but nothing worked.

Meanwhile I have changed from Tataplay STB to Mecool KM2 Android Box. But the issue persist. I have checked the DRM info on mecool km2 and did not find any discrepancy there.

I have ordered for a HDMI Certified cable from Honeywell as my last resort.

How to rectify this error?
This issue got resolved by changing to Honeywell High Speed HDMI 2.1 certified cable.

Hey guys, I am facing an issue with my LG tv model 55 UK6360 PTE
The HDMI eArc port 2 is not working as I haven't used it for over a year (firestick works on other HDMI port 1)
Problem is, How can I connect it with an AVR for full functionality. will I need to use a toslink?

Hey guys, I am facing an issue with my LG tv model 55 UK6360 PTE
The HDMI eArc port 2 is not working as I haven't used it for over a year (firestick works on other HDMI port 1)
Problem is, How can I connect it with an AVR for full functionality. will I need to use a toslink?
Connect tv earc port to the hdmi Out port on the receiver. Select arc out on tv. Referring to the manuals of both will give you specific details.

MaSh

Connect tv earc port to the hdmi Out port on the receiver. Select arc out on tv. Referring to the manuals of both will give you specific details.

MaSh
Thanks for the quick reply MaSh, but the eARC port on the TV is completely dead, tried to clean it with IPA but no luck.
Will I have to use the regular HDMI port or any other option?

Earc or arc is only needed for sending audio from tv to avr.
If you are using avr for all your audio processing then you can connect the hdmi out from avr to any hdmi port in tv.

Fire TV can be connected to avr directly

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back