PRO-JECT buys Musical Fidelity

Really sad news. What the learning from all this. Either outsource to China or I would say improvize, innovate like what Devialet does. Devialets are like no other amps on the market, and don’t use any of the conventional circuit structures. Users can actually customize their input, speaker model, room by simply downloading onto an SD card and configure it. Oh! I forgot it is water proof, incase you spill the coffee.

I am not sure if pro-ject is running by its own or is owned by a group of some Financial institutions

If it's running by its own then don't you think it's a better thing that a company like pro-ject takes MF over rather then some people who don't understand audio

It would have been great if MF could work independently but times are not good for companies only into 2 channel products

Better a company that is passionate about hifi buys a similar company rather than investment consortium that just does so to milk the brand's value & then dump them once their target is met. We are seeing such things already happening with brands like marantz, denon, etc. which is a pity

30 years is a good run.. By any standards...

So cheers to that..

I don't use MF products but empathise with the owner.

Why the sadness? Pro-ject is no slouch and besides Michaelson has sold it to a long time friend. Should be in good hands!
BTW, MF has been "making" in Taiwan for 15+ years now.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back