Problem in Panasonic Plasma Audio Out

avfactor

Hi Friends, I have purchased Panasonic Plasma P42X30D few days back. On installation I found that after connecting TV's audio out to my Sony home theatre TV's sound is not coming through the home theatre. The engineer could not understand and shuffled all the wires. I even checked that in the sound set up it was set for TV and Home Theatre. But the only sound that's coming from home theatre is a light buzz sound. Has anybody faced a similar problem, is there some change that is to be made in the set up or is it the set that is defective.

In the menu, there is an option called automatic volume control or something like that. try changing that.

in the volume menu there is an option for letting the sound through home theatre only, already changed that but still no volume from home theatre ..... i think it must be a defect in TV ..... called the service centre for checking it.

Hi Friends, I have purchased Panasonic Plasma P42X30D few days back. On installation I found that after connecting TV's audio out to my Sony home theatre TV's sound is not coming through the home theatre. The engineer could not understand and shuffled all the wires. I even checked that in the sound set up it was set for TV and Home Theatre. But the only sound that's coming from home theatre is a light buzz sound. Has anybody faced a similar problem, is there some change that is to be made in the set up or is it the set that is defective.

Hi,

try raising up the volume all the way up in your HT....

what is your home theater model? and what input on HT and what output on TV is in use for mutual connection?

You must check most importantly if your Home theater is set to take input from the port that is connected to TV? not all Home Theater s can automatically detect the input and switch accrodingly.

my home theatre is that of sony ......... and earlier I had connected my Samsung LCD to it and LCD's volume was coming properly out of it through same cable.

my home theatre is that of sony ......... and earlier I had connected my Samsung LCD to it and LCD's volume was coming properly out of it through same cable.

which sony model? of course if earlier things were fine then one last thing you can try out is changing the cable before calling for the service guys of panasonic

I had this exact same problem on my Panasonic Plasma P42X30D connected to my Sony Mini. There is a setting in audio that needs to be set. I can't remember exactly what it is but it is easy to find. Something like 'Only TV' or 'TV and receiver' or something like that. Once I set that, it was fine.

I am using Audio out of my Pana Plasma to drive stereo power amp. It is unaffected my volume level of TV. My power amp does not have any volume control, its direct feed to amp and speakers. Only source volume control used to control it.

It seems some defect in your TV. It must have p-p audio out at the audio out (called monitor out).

Audio out meaning headphone out? Headphone volume control in the sound menu is for Audio out.

There is also a setting in the sound menu to select sound from TV / Audio Out / TV + Audio Out. Select what you need.

Check attached pic for reference.

If that doesn't work, what cable are you using, avfactor?

Attachments

• x30sound.jpg
    x30sound.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 29
Checked my setting. I am using 'TV' for Volume Control (VAO) With this, I can control both the sound on my TV as well as the sound from my Sony. I keep my TV volume at the minimum. If I change this setting to 'Audio out (TV off)' or 'TV and Audio Out', I don't get any sound from my Sony Mini.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back