Problem with lg lh90

arvind

hey guys,

I got a LG LH90 LED tv 2 months bak in ezone chennai.

Yesterday i suddenly noticed a black dot in the screen. First thought it was some dust. Later when i went closer, i came to know, one of the pixel stopped emmiting the light. Called up the customer care and given the complaint. The engineer said he 'll visit tomm and fix the problem.

I'm not sure what might be the problem. Do i need to change the entire panel r wat?

Thx in adv

hey guys,

I got a LG LH90 LED tv 2 months bak in ezone chennai.

Yesterday i suddenly noticed a black dot in the screen. First thought it was some dust. Later when i went closer, i came to know, one of the pixel stopped emmiting the light. Called up the customer care and given the complaint. The engineer said he 'll visit tomm and fix the problem.

I'm not sure what might be the problem. Do i need to change the entire panel r wat?

Thx in adv

looks like a stuck pixel..
Not sure if it can be repaired.. wait for the service guy..
meanwhile try this JScreenFix - Fix stuck pixels and screen burn-in

hey alok.. Thanks a lot 4 ur reply...

The engineer guy came today and said that it's the panel problem and the entire panel needs to be changed. Guess lg guys will cme tomm and take the tv to replace the entire panel.

And the guy told me one more reg extending warranty.

if i pay 23k now, my warrany will be extended to 4 years

but if i pay at the end of the actual 1 yr warranty period, i gotta pay 29k and that too just 1 yr extension.

Wat u guys think? is it necessary? whoa 20+ k is too much yaar for tv...

plz provide ur suggestions

20+k whoa tats crappy.. when i bought my lg lh60yr they asked me some 5k+ however my tv is not expensive ...but still 20k+... naah tats a bad deal man..

dont go for panel replacement. Go for new TV. If you insists, they would do.

My friend got black line on samsung lcd after 6 months. It was panel problem only. However, samsung guy offered to replace tv itself without asking.

Just goes to show that the Plasma/LCD/LED TV's are not perfect, still feel that these companies are taking their customers for a joy ride, just the fact that they demand 20K for extended warranty shows that they are making money while the 'pixels' shine....

Poor Suckers(customers) :(

after 4 years for 30k one can probably get a 47" or bigger lcd tv which will be quite a lot better.

Thanks a lot friends

yeah..20+k is a v bad deal...and the engineer guy said within 24 hrs everything will be processed. But nothing has happened. Just the guy came and reported the problem to office. we pay such huge amt to get a TV. But the service they offer is v poor.

@Chirag

Buddy.. I'm not sure whethr those guys will accept to replace a new TV. Will wait for a day r two. If nothing is happening, wat ab consumer court? Thats my last option...

@denom

u r right buddy...when he just said ab the extended warranty..i thght it wuld be arnd 1 r 2k...but he came up with 23k - 29 k... really gr8.

Fight for your right. Threaten him to publish this in new papers...Diwali is not far they dont want negative publicity. I got my Samsung 29" replaced(had convergence issues) by calling them up everyday..asking for regional managers nos. finally after two months they replaced it.

The service engineer once even came with a van to pick up the TV for repair...without my permission. Luckily my mom called me up to ask if I had sent someone...and I asked her not to let them pickup the set.

Hey falcon.

Thanks yaar..

I have sent a letter to lg india, lg chennai and ezone regarding the problem and have mentioned that i'll go to consumer court if they are not replacing it.

But its been 5 days, till now no response

these guys are not responding at all.

Phew...im tired f calling these guys....

Yes two months is a long time. Letters keep sitting on the desks and are not as effective as you personally threatening(its a strong word!) them. Finally if they dont relent tell them you will have this telecast on CNBC. Send a main to: [email protected] with the nature of complaint and your phone no. they ill call you back. hope this helps..

I think if a TV has 1 or 2 bad pixels it is not considered a defect. I'm surprised LG even told you that your TV will be replaced.

Moreover, is one bad pixel something one would want to replace the TV for ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back