Problem with Panasonic 3d Blu-ray player DMP-BDT220

tanmaym

Hi, Recently I got Optoma HD33 projector and Panasonic 3d Blu-ray player DMP-BDT220. When I tried to connect both with HDMI port there seems some HDMI handshake issue as the projector is not detecting the player. To test both devices I have connected projector to my laptop, Airtel HD set top box and my Samsung galaxy s2, it worked fine with everything. Then I connected the player to LG Led tv (not 3d) through HDMI and that also worked fine. Finally I connected the player to the projector through RCA, component and S video. It worked fine.
Please someone suggest me whats wrong with HDMI connection between palyer and projector and how to resolve it. Tried all sorts of switching on/off sequences between the two but condition remains same.

Hi, Recently I got Optoma HD33 projector and Panasonic 3d Blu-ray player DMP-BDT220. When I tried to connect both with HDMI port there seems some HDMI handshake issue as the projector is not detecting the player. To test both devices I have connected projector to my laptop, Airtel HD set top box and my Samsung galaxy s2, it worked fine with everything. Then I connected the player to LG Led tv (not 3d) through HDMI and that also worked fine. Finally I connected the player to the projector through RCA, component and S video. It worked fine.
Please someone suggest me whats wrong with HDMI connection between palyer and projector and how to resolve it. Tried all sorts of switching on/off sequences between the two but condition remains same.

First of all, check your HDMI cable with some other player/Airtel HD box. If its working, then you don't need to change the cable, as it means there is some problem with your player.
Now, check video settings of your panasonic player. Try downscaling it to 720p. Fiddle with the video settings a little bit. Let me know if it has worked or not.....

First of all, check your HDMI cable with some other player/Airtel HD box. If its working, then you don't need to change the cable, as it means there is some problem with your player.

Thats the first thing I did. I checked projector with all other HDMI devices (Airtel HD set top box, camcorder, Galaxy S2 phone, Laptop) and it worked fine.
Then I checked bluray player with my desktop LED monitor, LG HDTV and that also worked.
(All with same cable) one thing I am not sure if my cable is rated as high speed or not. As one of the cable(length 1mtr) came with Airtel set top box and other one (length 25 feet) with my old projector 2 years back.

finally I connected bluray player to projector using RCA cable. It worked. then component and S-Video also turned out to be working.

Now, check video settings of your panasonic player. Try downscaling it to 720p. Fiddle with the video settings a little bit. Let me know if it has worked or not.....

I will try it today once I reach home and will let you know. Also will try to get some cable rated HDMI 1.4a and test with that.

Tried with 720p and 24p set as off.did't worked now waiting for hdmi1.4a cable to arrive. Will test with that also.

Now getting little bit frustrated..
Tried with 1.5mtrs cable still no result. One more HDMI cable rated 1.4a high speed is on the way. Will try with that too. Yesterday tried tweaking video settings as putting 24p off and resolution as 1080p,720P, 1080i instead of auto but no result. It feels bad when my led monitor and HDTV detects the player without any hassle with the same cables. Also sent a mail to optoma customer support on which they replied if projector is detecting laptop and other HDMI sources then problem is with player.

Problem resolved with new cable. Anyways I have added denon av reciever also between the projector and player so no worries now.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back