Projection screen - 133" - 150"

sudheerk

Hello Friends,
I have recently brought Benq W1080ST, short throw projector. So far good, But am not yet able to decide on screen. Can you please help me.

Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (no idea about 2.35:1)
Diagonal size: min. 133 inches. max. 150 inches
Distance from screen to seating (D) : 92 inches, that looks weird, thats why I opted for short throw, and it covers good viewing angle.
Ceiling height: 8 feet approx
Width of the room: 16 feet approx

speakers placement: behind screen (temporarily placed a big cloth as screen to check the quality of sound, and it was ok, i could not make any difference, does projection screen block more than cloth for high frequencies?)

should support 3D

screen type: motorized (preffered, but may be constrained by the budjet), Instalock

Budget: 20k

Brand: did some research and could name Liberty Grandview

I got a quotation of approx. 19k from vishal pheripherals, hyd. for Pro Lite 150" diagonal Instalock.

Can you please recommend me your thoughts! I have attached the current temporary screen for your reference.

Thanks,
sudheerimage.jpg

Check with av-vision Hyd, they have best price for liberty. The cost is available in their website.

You have to place speaker away or.infant of the screen as it will affect sound.

Think of a smaller screen size for comfortable viewing. The screen size that you are planning is not suited for that viewing distance.

The screen size is very large for your viewing distance. I tried a 100" from 10ft and it was not comfortable to watch. You need to physically shift your head to left and right to view sides. Also you will see pixels at such close distances. For 8ft an optimum diagonal size is 70". Viewing Distance Calculator

A bit off topic :::::

Is there any fixed frame screen 133" for around 20K ... I am seriously unable to find one ....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back