• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Projector Lamp for Panasonic PT- AE4000

Rega

Neeraj0272

I have the Panasonic PT-AE4000 projector running fine for 4 years. Its lamp is showing 1728 hours mostly run in normal mode(not eco-mode). Now It starts and runs ok for a few minutes and then start showing a temperature warning. After a few more minutes it shuts down with power indicator at red and temp indicator a flashing red. I haven't noticed any obviuos brightness degradation due to any aging of lamp. Fan is running ok.
So now I don't know whether it is because the lamp is gone or is there some other problem?
Any idea?
Anyone know any service center in Delhi?
I have talked to 2 dealers in projector lamps in Delhi by searching on internet. They are saying that temp warning could be due to dust in the projector and it will be solved after getting it serviced. Moreover brightness will increase by 20%.
Any idea about this?

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Glyde71

You could try talking to Accurate Maintenance in South Ex. PROJECTOR DEALER DELHI, PROJECTOR AUTHORISED DISTRIBUTOR DEALER DELHI / NCR, Authorised Dealer and Service Centre for SHARP and CANON projectors, Projector Lamps, Projection Screen, Projector AMC & Spares, www.allprojectordelhi.com, PROJECTOR LAMP DE. Have them take a look. the basic dusting it up and cleaning could cost around 1000-1200.

It could either be the Lamp or general maintenance job. The temperature warning is likely to do with the vents getting clogged up. If the fan noise gets really loud, don;t run it until you have it fixed.

If its a lamp replacement, they quoted 12-13K (with or without the mounting) for a genuine AE4000 part.
A cheaper after market or knockoff option will be around 6000-7000

I have the same projector btw.

Hope this helps.
--Peace--

Neeraj0272

I got it cleaned by a service guy who vacuumed it thoroughly. Its now running perfectly.

Neeraj0272

Now my projector usage is almost at 2000 hours and at startups it shows a message to "replace lamp".
I think picture has dulled a little compared to when it was new but I cant be sure about that. Anyway I am almost satisfied with the brightness level at the present moment. Now i have some queries regarding my present situation with this projector.
1. If say at 2000 hours usage level, brightness is 80% of the brand new projector, then whether brightness will decrease gradually and may I expect may be 1000 more hours from this lamp? Please keep in mind that my room is only about 11x11.
2. How much will original lamp cost and where to source it preferably in Delhi/NCR or alternatively in India or even from Amazon.com?
3. Is it worthwhile to replace lamp on this projector in the light of the facts that fellow members are buying/importing latest projectors like Optoma HD141 or Epson HC 2000 etc at about 50-60k rupees? My projector costed me 1.25 lacs 5 years back( I think it was a $2000 projector) and how would its picture quality compare to the models($600 projectors) mentioned above?
4. I am travelling next month on vacation to Las Vegas/Los Angles/San Francisco. Shall I buy either lamp or even a new projector from there? Although I would prefer to spend a few thousand extra here in India on lamp rather than wasting time and effort there to buy a lamp & carrying it back?
I think you get my dilemma that comes with modern electronics appliances which is whether to spend on maintaining old outdated devices or instead buy new latest devices?

m.a.sara

Your projector is Full HD and unless you want to go for 3D, I dont see a reason to upgrade.
As new model projector (1080P) will not give any significantly noticeable difference,
I would just buy a lamp in USA (may be around 120-140$), bring to India and replace it with help of a technician. You are all set for another 3-4 years!

Neeraj0272

The problem is that I couldn't find any supplier on amazon.com in this price range which can be trusted or has good reviews. Reliable suppliers are in the range of $300.
I see that fellow members are facing same situation but there is lack of discussion and data on this issue in the forum.

Neeraj0272

It's $196+$26 + customs.
What about Indian dealers offering at about 12 to 17k? Are these reliable? There is also http://www.myprojectorlamps.co.in/contactus.html which is also listed on projectorcentral.com. I think I may go with these people.
Also there is allprojectordelhi.com .
Important point is to get genuine lamp at a reasonable price to justify investing in my 5 year old projector.

m.a.sara

Neeraj0272

I have decided to buy from Accurate Maintainance Co., Delhi having website PROJECTOR DEALER DELHI, PROJECTOR AUTHORISED DISTRIBUTOR DEALER DELHI / NCR, Authorised Dealer and Service Centre for SHARP and CANON projectors, Projector Lamps, Projection Screen, Projector AMC & Spares, www.allprojectordelhi.com, PROJECTOR LAMP DE.
Their price is 11k and they are claiming bulb to be OEM. They are giving only 3 months/500 hour warranty and will deliver in a week against 100% advance.
Any fellow members have any experience with them?

Neeraj0272

So I got a bulb from a local dealer and I repeatedly forewarned them to supply only an original lamp. What they send me with a technician was a bare bulb with Panasonic and bulb model number printed on it. This bulb has the same marking( Panasonic, model number, made in, hg) as that on what came out of my projector(bought in Oct 2010). But the similarities ended here.
The original bulb contained one more marking printed on it which I think is a serial number and another marking which was unreadable but it looked to be engraved or maybe printed with a very light colored ink. The burner on the original bulb has hard to find markings which are again either engraved or printed with light colored ink. These three things are missing on the new bulb. Also original bulb said 'made in China' but the new bulb said 'made in Japan'. The new bulb has different power connector than the original bulb and wouldn't fit in the projector(which was explained that different ae4000 models have different connectors). According to the internet Panasonic does not supply bare bulbs in the aftermarket.
I told the technician beforehand that this looks to be counterfeit bulb and if I was not satisfied then I will not take it. He came back next day with connector changed and installed it. I had recorded a video of my original lamp with my phone and also recorded the same content with the new bulb. The new bulb's brightness was somewhat lower than my original bulb(used for 2000 hours mostly at normal mode with picture mode also at normal).
He took back the bulb blaming his supplier and promising that he will return with the original lamp.

Neeraj0272

I waited for the guy for four days and after that I installed my original bare bulb in the cage myself. Its a pretty simple process.
Now I will have to again restart the process of finding original lamp.

Neeraj0272

Thanks for concern.
I bought the lamp put up on sale by forum member Cybervinay. He is from Delhi only and I simply collected it from him. He bought this lamp from US.

SPONSORED ADS