Projector screen and Chennai dealer suggestion required!

Raghav_K

Hello all,

Back here after a long time :)

I hope you guys can help me with my PJ screen selection.

My room is a dedicated HT room, however, the projector needs to co exist with TV, because i plan to use it only for blurays/movies, and watch DTH in tv.

My projector is epson tw 6600, and it will be rear wall mounted.

The screen has to drop down from ceiling in front of TV.

The projector throw distance will be 14 feet, and the viewing distance from screen will be about 9 feet.

The room is approximately 18 feet in length, 10 feet wide, and 9.6 feet high.

I'm looking to buy a 16:9 feet screen.

My initial option was to go for a 9 * 5 - 120 inch diagonal screen, but decided against it, as the 9ft width would shield both the front speakers.

So i think a 7 * 5 - 100 inch diagonal would suit my needs.

The epson calculator shows my projector can cover a range of 90-130 screen from 14 feet.

My queries are:

1) Can someone suggest reliable projector screen dealers in Chennai? Are there any dealers/retailers of Liberty Grandview here?

2) any opinion about luzon dzire/inlight screens found in amazon.in.

3) My ceiling height is 9.6 feet, and if i choose a 5 feet high screen, i feel that it would be too high, when viewed from my seating position 9ft away. As i'm sitting close to the screen, i feel the screen should drop down a bit more for comfortable viewing/avoid neck strain. Do these pull down screens come with extra black material on top to facilitate this, or do they drop down for only 5 feet?

Thanks for looking :)

I am using a 100" motorized screen (brand name: Advance Zeno screens) that is sold by a company in Hyderabad. They ship to your address directly after payment. You can get the sales phone and email address from their website.

Advanced Zeno Screens

If you are not particular about premium brands, the Advance Zeno screen I bought from the above dealer is of decent quality and is excellent value for the price (around 12K).

Elite screens do have authorized dealers in Chennai and have contact information on this page: Authorized Dealers/Resellers Asia - Elite Screens

Cheers!

3) My ceiling height is 9.6 feet, and if i choose a 5 feet high screen, i feel that it would be too high, when viewed from my seating position 9ft away. As i'm sitting close to the screen, i feel the screen should drop down a bit more for comfortable viewing/avoid neck strain. Do these pull down screens come with extra black material on top to facilitate this, or do they drop down for only 5 feet?

IMO, the bottom of the screen should not be above 2.5 - 3 feet from the floor and could slightly vary based on viewing distance. I do not know about other brands but the zeno brand motorized screen I am using has a extended black area of approximately 2 feet so it drops down to around 7 feet.

Since you have the ceiling at 9.5 ft, you may consider using a fabricated metal bracket/angle fixed on the wall to position the screen housing in front of the TV or use custom made metal channels that drops down to a calculated length from the ceiling and then mount the screen housing to it so you have enough threshold to adjust the actual height of the screen leveraging the extended black area for a comfortable viewing height.

Back