Projector Screen confusion (4:3 & 16:9)

petes

I thought of buying a project screen. I am little confused bewteen 4:3 and 16:9 options. Even though i have some knowledge on the aspect ratio, need few clarifications.

There are 2 models available on Amazon:
1) 7ft x 4ft; 92" Diag; 16:9 for Rs.6399/-
2) 7ft x 5ft; 100" Diag; 4:3 for Rs 5759/-

My question is, can i purchase 2nd item (4:3) and still able to project HD channels at 92" right? based on projector distance.

I thought of buying a project screen. I am little confused bewteen 4:3 and 16:9 options. Even though i have some knowledge on the aspect ratio, need few clarifications.

There are 2 models available on Amazon:
1) 7ft x 4ft; 92" Diag; 16:9 for Rs.6399/-
2) 7ft x 5ft; 100" Diag; 4:3 for Rs 5759/-

My question is, can i purchase 2nd item (4:3) and still able to project HD channels at 92" right? based on projector distance.

I suppose you had Unic 40 projector.. The Native resolution of the the projector is 800 x 480, which is very close to 16:9 aspect ratio.. So best would be to choose 16:9 aspect ratio screen..

If you were to take the 2nd screen, 100" 4:3 aspect ratio, 16:9 content would be small and too much space would be wasted on top & bottom..

Also 7 x 4 16:9 screen should give you approx 95 inch diagonal size..

If you were to take the 2nd screen, 100" 4:3 aspect ratio, 16:9 content would be small and too much space would be wasted on top & bottom..

Make sense and I never thought about this point. Even though I can project 16:9 on 2nd screen, the content will looks small.

One quick question: How does a picture look if I want to project the regular TV channels (HD & Non HD) using 1st option (16:9). Do I see any vertical or horizontal spaces (Letterbox and Pillar) or the content will occupy the entire screen?

Make sense and I never thought about this point. Even though I can project 16:9 on 2nd screen, the content will looks small.

One quick question: How does a picture look if I want to project the regular TV channels (HD & Non HD) using 1st option (16:9). Do I see any vertical or horizontal spaces (Letterbox and Pillar) or the content will occupy the entire screen?

If you were to take HDMI out from your STB, i think the 4:3 content is already scaled to fit in 16:9 before HDMI out from STB.. So SD channels (4:3) would look stretched on the sides.. There shouldn't be any horizontal/vertical spaces..

I would suggest a 16:9 screen.
The HD pictures will be on the full screen and the SD will be smaller with spaces on the sides. The spaces don't really bother me. (I personally dislike stretched pictures).
On a 4:3 screen, the SD content would show on the full screen while the HD content would be smaller with spaces on top and bottom.
It's far better to have bigger HD and smaller SD pictures than the other way round.

How much distance is required to project 92 inch (From screen to projector) for UNIC 40

As per their manual
For 72" the distance should be 220 cm
For 120" the distance should be 350 cm

Any apprx figure for 92"?

How much distance is required to project 92 inch (From screen to projector) for UNIC 40

As per their manual
For 72" the distance should be 220 cm
For 120" the distance should be 350 cm

Any apprx figure for 92"?

I think between 9 - 10 feet distance..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back