Projector Screen Help

k2max6

My room is 18ft X 11 ft. The 11ft wall will host the screen. I am thinking of a 120" screen. PJ is Epson TW-6100

> I would be mounting the projector at approximately 16 ft.Is this distance ok for picture quality.I am getting the desired image size at this distance.

> I want to wall mount the pj. I suppose its fine?

> I am on a tight budget and cannot spend much on screen right now and would be upgrading it next year. I have inquired with different dealers for screens. Got a quote of 8500+Tax for 120" Liberty. Approx 17k for liberty grand view which i can't buy right now. Any reliable dealers in delhi?

> A lot of vendors told me that a lot of duplicates are there in the market.Some told me all are fake, we can give you grandview as well as liberty standard screen at the same price.One vendor told me that i can verify the serial no of the screen online.Although i couldn't find their website.He also mentioned that liberty is engraved at the bottom.

I can try and manage for the liberty screen but how do i be sure thats its original and not the same thing Cineudyog india is selling. I don't want to end up spending 10k and later realize that its the same 6k screen others were selling.

I am getting 120" from CineUdyog for approx 4k (Spring Loaded) . Custom made with a broader top border. This way i can save money for now and get a Da-lite in a year.
110" Instalock for 6k.
Managing without screen is difficult because i won't be able to mount the pj till then. So i am thinking of buying a basic screen for now and upgrading later.

How are spring loaded screens as compared to instalock. The only drawback is that we have to anchor it ?? Anything else ?
In case of spring loaded i can get a custom size at a lower price.Someone also suggested that spring loaded would suit you if you have a running fan near to it. I even have my ac just above the place i would be installing the screen.

Last edited:
you can try one from EBAY listed ones till you upgrade to the company made later...
by the way, from cine udyog what kind of screen u have been offered at 4K??? Is it in 16:9 format in MAP type or instalock design....

Standard manual lock pull-down screens come in the 4:3 ratio of 10x8, 8x6, 7x5, 6x4, etc.

- 10x8 screen will be too large because its span will be nearly 10.5 feet and will be too tight to fit in 11'
- 8x6 will be the best fit for you as others will be too small

1. With a 8x6 screen, you can pull down pull it down till 4.5 feet to make a 16:9 screen. In this size, the screen diagonal will be 110". For cinemascope widescreen (2.35:1 to 2.4:1), you can pull down the screen to 3.4 feet and this will give a diagonal image of 104".
  2. There is no way you are going to get the desired 120". With a custom built screen you may be able to get 120". But I would advise you to not exceed 8' wide screen. 8' screen will take 8.5' of span and that will leave 1.25 feet on both sides.
  3. This space will be required in case you wish to go with bookshelf speakers (mounted on stands) or floorstanders. If opting for small satellites, then you can go with larger screen.
  4. Liberty manual pull-down instalock type screen (8x6) should not cost you more than 6K. I have the same. Go with this till you decide to upgrade.
  5. I will definitely tell you to go with instalock type screen. These are much better.
  6. Projector at 16' away is a little too far back. As per the projection calculator, the ideal distance for the 8' screen is 13'.

Thanks. Thinking of Grandview 8X6 for 12.5k (Its double the cost of liberty - worth it?). I haven't demoed any of them so i am assuming there would be some difference in both if viewed side by side?
Vendor is reliable as per past history with frnds but haven't bought any screen from him before. He says its original so i should suppose it would be ? Bill & 1yr warranty.

Da-Lite won't suit my budget.I'll spend the same money to upgrade audio,incase i have spare. I have a fan at 14 ft so can't mount it there.I have a table at 13 ft,will keep the pj on it.

What should be the ideal mounting height ? Would 7.5-8ft be fine, as i have a door and window behind.Mounting lower would come in the way.

@diplomat - Its 16:9 Spring loaded, i suppose its called map type right. I haven't seen their screens but prices seem nice.They are manufacturers. Instalock isn't available with them in 120".So it has to be custom made in spring loaded.They have 110" 16:9 Instalock for 6,500.

Last edited:
screen matters..
save money and get da lite
by the time get a cheap screen from e bay and paint it.
white rich matt paint from asian or dulax

So for now which would be a better option ?
White Painted wall or a Cheap Screen,which would perform better if we leave the cost apart.
In case of paint will this work - Dulux Super Smooth, Premium Interior Emulsion Paint India Dulux Emulsion & Paints
it is rich matt

painnted wall is much much ,uch better than cheap screen..
its simple..wall is solid..no waving or like that..just think it..
a proffessional help to smoothen the wall..by paris or putty application...dulax super smooth rich matte..you are good to rock:D
if it is already smooth..just paint it..use roller than brush for better result

Yes, Prosenjit summed it nicely. Also make sure that the wall is matte and non shiny, a reflective surface will show up the lamp and not good for projected image.

Some where in the google i have reviewed as below...
Performance in the order of poor (1) to good (4)

1. Normal Painted wall
2. DIY screen
3. Goo painted wall
4. Screen built for projector.

Some times, if you go by this order of execution, you may end up with more cost, instead of directly buying a projector screen first time itself.

Note: Screen is equally important to Projector to get the projector output.
Your projector is TW-6100 is the entry level 3LCD epson FULL HD projector.
Consider a good projector screen matching to it.

^^ Its just that Da-Lite and equivalent screens are not in my budget right now.

So i was thinking of getting a liberty screen right now and upgrade later. Hence I wanted to compare a liberty screen with a white painted wall. Which is better?

^^ Its just that Da-Lite and equivalent screens are not in my budget right now.

So i was thinking of getting a liberty screen right now and upgrade later. Hence I wanted to compare a liberty screen with a white painted wall. Which is better?

IMO, Liberty/Grandview screen.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back