Proposing a Epson TW6000/3010 3D Projector group buy...

rajadeep

Hello everyone,
Recently Epson has launched its TW6000(US model no. 3010) at a very competitive MRP of 1.05Lacs with 2 years warranty... This is a very well reviewed 3D projector with good bright output... ramanjogi & myself are in negotiations right now with a few dealers in Mumbai to get the best price possible... Of the few I have talked to I have gotten the best quote of approx Rs 96500/- ... I believe if there are more people who would like to join in with us to buy this projector we might be able to group together & get a very good price(My personal target is less than Rs90,000)... Pls do contact me if you are interested in this Group buy:)...

Below is a link of the review of the Epson 3010(same as the TW6000) by Art of projectorreviews.com...

Epson Home Cinema 3010 Home Theater Projector Video

Hi,
I am planning to bring optoma hd 33 through my cousin from US by August..if i can get a better deal for Epson here,i am in..
Only flip side people were mentioning in Epson was the lag while playing games.i am more into gaming.otherwise this is a good projector..
Also are we getting glasses free?
Pls bargain for a very good pricing..

SO, PLS INCLUDE ME FOR THIS.

Renjith,
TRIVANDRUM.

Good intiative Rajadeep..

Best of luck for your group buy and hope more members here participate here to join the elite group of PJ club.:)

Excellent idea...wishing you all the best. I sincerely hope that members will be benefited through this.

I will try to get the glasses included in with the projector but that maybe a little hard unless Epson itself includes the 3D glasses... Another problem is the Epson 3D are 13k a piece... A better option would be to order 3D glasses from blick... 2 3D glasses should come to around 10k... The reason I have not really thought into the HD33 purchase is that it is priced very highly here in India & it would be better to buy it from the US... TW6000 on the other hand is better priced here in India thus my interest in it... Another reason for my interest in Epson is I am gonna place this projector in my Living room which has 4 huge 5 feet wide french bay windows...That means controlling the light might be a problem during the day.... Thus my inclination towards the epson coz of its brightness... Anyway I will look into the HD33 for sure... As to the point of TW6000 vs the HD33 its pretty clear from most of the reviews that HD33 comes out on top in 3D while the TW6000 is on top when 2D is considered... So I would say its pretty much your personal choice...

@ Renjith Hmm if you do have you cousin coming in from the US & he can hand carry the projector & avoid customs then that option would be pretty sweet deal for you... Anyway as your cousin is not cming until august you have plenty of time to decide... There will be numerous sales in the US until then in one of which you might be able to get a HD33 pretty cheap... Until then we can look into the Indian pricing with bill & warranty though the indications are not very positive that we might be able to get a good price :(...

@anm I am not sure weather that post is for me or for Renjith :p... If it is meant for me then I would like to state that it discribes the performance of a HD 8300 projector which is a $3000 range projector... Although it is a pretty fantastic projector in that range you also find other good projectors like the Panny AE7000/Epson 5010/Mitsubishi 7800 etc etc...

Hi Raj,
Any day i prefer to go for one with Indian warranty..particularly a high priced one..As mentioned earlier,i AM in.

@rajdeep - I was saying if the US prices are close to India prices (which I am not aware of) we shall consider this PJ as well for the group buy.

Ok guys here is an update... As this is a novelty product negotiations are not as fluid as I would have liked... Most dealers I have contacted have given me a price of 1.30 lacs plus... How they can justify their price when the MRP is less than 1.10 lacs baffles me... Some have cm down to MRP but thats it... Only a couple have come down below MRP & 1 person who quoted me around 96500/- has come down to 95000/-... According to him epson has not given him much room to negotiate as this is a newly launched product & one of a kind(according to him) product in India... Anyway I have got him to agree to give audition at on our member's home... This I feel is good news coz most of us we have to buy projectors based on online reviews & hearsay rather than auditioning it ourselves...Now my problem is I am not in Mumbai right now plus my flat in Mumbai might not be very suitable... If no other option pops up I am willing to offer to hold the audition at my flat provided my Brother is in Mumbai at that time... If anyone else is willing to hold the audition at him place please let me know... We can decide on the other details like date & which all members would like to come to the audition etc... More the merrier :D ...Another thing is the Dealer has assured me that he will make sure some representative is present from epson & we can argue with him as to why we in India are made to buy the glasses separately whereas in every other country epson offers free 2 pairs of 3D glasses... Also we can further negotiate the price after the audition... Another thing... The dealer has quoted me a price of 9k for 2 epson 3D glasses... Pls do get back to me as to who all would like a audition this projector & who would like to hold the audition at his house...

Also I have been busy for the last 2 days finalizing a land deal so haven't been able make any esquires on the Optoma HD33 & HD8300 front... Will be doing it tomm onwards... Pls do get back to me of what you people think...

I will try to get the glasses included in with the projector but that maybe a little hard unless Epson itself includes the 3D glasses... Another problem is the Epson 3D are 13k a piece... A better option would be to order 3D glasses from blick... 2 3D glasses should come to around 10k...
The Epson 3010 here comes with two IR glasses built in. Not sure if they change it for Asia/Europe market with TW6000. But 13k a piece for glasses is too high. In that case Blick is a good option. Another option is Monstervision Max3d glasses with the IR/RF kit. It has an IR receiver and converts the signal to RF, so pretty much works with any projector having IR emitter. I have ordered one and it will be here on 7th. I can post my comments after that.
@ Renjith Hmm if you do have you cousin coming in from the US & he can hand carry the projector & avoid customs then that option would be pretty sweet deal for you...
If the projector is to bought from US, I would suggest looking at Acer H9500BD at the same price. It has the dynamic iris, lens shift and offers quite more compared to HD33. From the reviews, it has the best blacks for any projector under 2k. I haven't been able to audition one yet. :(
@anm I am not sure weather that post is for me or for Renjith :p... If it is meant for me then I would like to state that it discribes the performance of a HD 8300 projector which is a $3000 range projector... Although it is a pretty fantastic projector in that range you also find other good projectors like the Panny AE7000/Epson 5010/Mitsubishi 7800 etc etc...
Let me elaborate on that post little more.
DLP has advantages in motion and it shows up in fast sports, gaming etc. But its usefulness is 3D is so much because it results in cross-talk free picture. The Epson does a great job, but you would notice cross-talk after some viewing. Especially on vertical objects, background objects and text etc. It may bother some people, others may not notice it so much. If you do see cross-talk, then one gets occupied with it. So, its a choice.
On the other hand, Epson is very bright and in 3D it retains most of it. Compared to the Optoma, the picture in 3D is more vivid, bright and colorful. So it depends on the preferences, room condition and screen size. For $1500, Epson does offer a lot, gets the 3D quite okay, but if one wants absolutely cross-talk free picture then DLP is the option. LCD/LCOS is quite not there yet. Hope this clarifies.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!
Here in cochin,one dealer quoted 1.05lacs..but he had not got his demo piece yet..Those seeing the demo,pls keep US all informed..

hi,
Any updates??

Hello,
Have been busy the past week so havent gone full force into this... But for enquirers I have been making most are quoting either the MRP(1.05lacs) or higher than the MRP... As I have the dealer(who qouted 95k) ready to give a demo of this projector... I also have started making enquires regarding other projectors like HD33,HD20 & some 720p projectors... This way more ppl can get in on the deal :) ... I am w8ing to hear back from 3 dealers regarding the pricing of these projectors & will update as soon as I get them(was supposed to receive info today even but it did not come)... I am trying to organize a demo of this projector & others too & gonna negotiate the final price there... I would think 93-94k wont be too hard but getting to 90k might take a lot of work.... Also the dealer is gonna arrange for a representative from Epson to be present during the Demo & I want to pressure him into giving us the free 3D glasses... Other wise the 3D glasses will be 9K for 2 3D glasses... Will update tomm after talking to the dealer again...

Ok guys due to a family matter I could not post for the last few days... Anyway as for an update myself & Dr Raman spoke on the phone a couple of times & after getting quoted & negotiating with 20+ dealers & getting into an argument with epson that they should provide free 3D glasses,it seems Varay Image from goregaon offered the best price... So the final quote which we received is 1.05 lacs with 2 pairs of 3D Glasses(without 3D glasses the price was 95k)... I would have liked a price below 1 lac but seeing as this is a newly launched product I guess this price is fair too... Dr Raman will probably make his purchase next week & I will be purchasing in April/May after the renovation of my house... Just wanted to quote some of the prices I received while I was contacting these numerous dealers... Not all the prices at negotiated & most of the prices are in the ridiculous range...

Epson TW6000/3010 95k-1.40lacs(without 3d glasses)

Optoma HD33 1.40 lacs(non negociated price... judging by the other projector prices this dealer quoted I am guessing below 1.20-1.25 lacs is a possibility with proper negociation

Epson TW3600/8350 85k (this is an excellent 2D projector but at just 10k less than the TW6000 does not seem worth it)

Mitsubishi HC4000 82k (non negotiated price... Could be lower)

Optoma HD20 1 lac (ridiculous!!! Although this is a non negotiated price but still...)

Optoma HD67 & Benq W700 67k (again non negotiated but still a sad price)

Panasonic AE4000 1.05lacs(without bill) 1.42lacs(with bill & unnegotiated price... can come down to the 1.25-1.30 lac range)

Viewsonic 6531w WXGA 720p projector with B&W 42k ( could be brought to below 40k after negotiating ... Decent projector for its price & it retails for around $600 in the US)

Overall my exp wasnt as good as I had hoped for... I had to call up dealers multiple times to remind them to email me the quote & most dealers just didnt even seem remotely interested in negotiating... The only dealer I really found good was Varay Image... Gave me sensible pricing & seems pretty knowledgeable... The Epson & viewsonic price is from him(which you will notice is quite decent compared to the other prices)... Anyone with any queries can contact me :)...

If the projector is to bought from US, I would suggest looking at Acer H9500BD at the same price. It has the dynamic iris, lens shift and offers quite more compared to HD33. From the reviews, it has the best blacks for any projector under 2k. I haven't been able to audition one yet. :(
As per user reviews and forum posts, Acer H9500BD build quality is unreliable. Therefore I feel its dangerous for Indian users to get it from US because they lose the option of getting defective unit replaced.

Yeah, I saw that. There are user reports of various issues, so better to stay away unless Acer fixes them. Benq had similar issues with W7000 but they kinda recalled all the projectors from retailers are updated those. Hopefully Acer does the same. The 3D DLP's have some issues or other this year. The Optoma has the puremotion turned on by default in 3D and you cannot defeat it.

So for the money, Epson 3010 is the best among them and has no issues other than little cross-talk in few scenes.

So for the money, Epson 3010 is the best among them and has no issues other than little cross-talk in few scenes.
As per forum reports, Epson 5010 seems to have little-to-no cross talk issue despite being LCD. Do you think 3D performance is different in 3010 and 5010?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back