Pros and cons of buying showroom display unit OLED

Abhishek_

I am in market for buying TV unit for home usage.
I am looking at LG OLED C2/G1/G2 and Sony X90 models. Screen size of 55 and 65 inch are under consideration.
I have an offer from RD on showroom display unit. They say its been in showroom for 3 months.
Offer being LG G1 65 inch OLED for 1.7L with 5 years warranty (3 years LG + 2 years RD).
Should i go for it, any suggestions ?

Nope, you should not go for it. A new C2 65" oled goes for around/lower than the same price you mentioned during festive season

what would be a decent price for it.
is there any way to check screen usage time.
yes they can check the hours with the Lg service remote but i doubt he'll do that as most demo pieces are switched ON the moment shop opens and shuts down once it closes.
Can't say what's a fair price . A new lg oled B2 and C2 the prices start at 95k and 113k respectively for 55in in our region so its kinda hard to find a reason to buy used oled over a new one. They give the standard 1year complete replacement warranty + 2 year panel replacement and 1year dealer warranty which starts the moment you by the TV.
2 years additional can be bought which then extends the complete coverage to 5 years from LG.
Also note the warranty that the dealer gives you is not cashless, you pay for the work done and then once lg refunds the dealer he hands you the money back

I am looking at LG OLED C2/G1/G2 and Sony X90 models. Screen size of 55 and 65 inch are under consideration.
I have an offer from RD on showroom display unit. They say its been in showroom for 3 months.
Offer being LG G1 65 inch OLED for 1.7L with 5 years warranty (3 years LG + 2 years RD).
Pro: Nothing
Con: Everything
Don't do it. The price is not good either. But, even if price were good, OLEDs are the worst thing to buy as a store demo. I can't think of anything else that would be as bad as a demo unit.

Please do not buy store used.
In any case it is not a good deal. As most of the replies here, I second the same. During sale times, the price will be more of less the same. I have been in the same dilema as you.
Hope it helps.

I think you should avoid display OLEDs. Their 5 years warranty will not cover burn ins and u dont know how they displayed the set with static bright colourful images.

I always wanted to buy new OLED, however the showroom offer made me seek advice. I am going for a new OLED.
Thanks for your valuable input everyone.

RD on showroom display unit
It will have visible colour degradation on the corners. OEM may not consider it as a defect and there won't be any replacement.

You may find a goat on display, your seller and OEM will make you belive that it's a dog.

If you are lucky, if it becomes a line they may replace based on the warranty terms and conditions.

Hi Everyone! I am in a similar situation. Got the deal of 1.4 lakh for LG G2 65 inch oled 3 months old display unit . Please suggest should take it ? They are offering a 3 years warranty .

IMG_20231022_222009_752.jpg
Don't do it, here is a LG C2 in store and I caught the burn in while playing a test video. Horrible and visible like a child artist playing with black crayon gone wrong. Saw an A80k suffering the same fate in the salesperson's phone. I was amazed with Oleds until today when I saw this in person first time.Age quoted 8 months for both, the A80k had two brick like shapes burnt in

I checked with Lg service person that the burn in is covered in warranty. So if we are getting the display model at a discount of 40k with 3 yr warranty should we consider it or simply ignore.

I checked with Lg service person that the burn in is covered in warranty. So if we are getting the display model at a discount of 40k with 3 yr warranty should we consider it or simply ignore.
Hmmmm.... point no.1 check it yourself if there are burn ins and hours of usage in settings. 2) ask for 1 lakh if first point is cleared.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back