Ps2/dvdp with dac or a cd player?

rijuc

I have a wharfedale 10.1 and a norge 2060.. For music I mostly use my philips dvdp and amkette flash tv.. I also have this ps2 which is hardly used these days.. Was wondering if I had to spend 20k should I buy a dac or a cd player?

I think the simple answer lies in the fact how much of your music is ripped and how much in CDs (which can also be ripped) and what are your personal preferences eg there are people who think a CDP is a must as a source etc.

I have a wharfedale 10.1 and a norge 2060.. For music I mostly use my philips dvdp and amkette flash tv.. I also have this ps2 which is hardly used these days.. Was wondering if I had to spend 20k should I buy a dac or a cd player?

I have tried using a PS2 into a DAC and did not find it particularly engaging - was the slimline ps2. I now use a PS1 - analogue outs direct into the amp and I find this to be as good as my previous Sony CD player. My view would be that if you went for a DAC and were willing to get another transport later if the PS2 + DAC combination didnt work for you that would be ok for eg maybe a cheap DVD player as a transport into the DAC.

I guess I havent provided you with a straightforward answer :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back